Toad World® Forums

Scripting the Schemas and Sequences

TDM (3.4.10.2)

Hi,

I’ve created a few scripts that eases the modelling process quote a lot, but I’m in need of a little help regarding Schemas and Sequences.

Sequences: The first problem I have is that I just want to log Sequences that are longer in Length than (30) characters, but testing with only 2 Characters, but nothing is getting logged, just says that the script is finished successfully… Attached is my Script.

With regards to the Schemas, I need more help here, because I keep on getting the error that the Entity.Schema object is not an object, so I can’t use Entity.Schema.Name for instance. I’m aiming to clear the schemas I’ve entered on all my entities.

Thanks in advance for the help.

Regards
Rudi
image005.png

Hi Rudi,

I’d like to ask you for patience. We have a bank holiday here and our script experts are not available.
We will get back to you on Tuesday. I hope it’s not too late.

Thanks for your patience.

Regards,

Vladka

Hi Rudi,

I think your test for length should use;

Seq.Name.length

instead of

Seq.Name.Length

i.e. length with a lowercase “l”

Your script works on my model if I make that change.

regards
Malcolm

Hi Malcolm

Thanks, making the “L” lowercase worked. Now it’s just the Schemas and the then there’s one more scripting issue, I want to remove all the “Used Sequences” from my Attributes with a script (basically in the same way I want to remove the Schemas from the Entities). If someone can assist me with these last two scripts, it will be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Regards
Rudi

Hi Malcolm

My script for removing the sequences now works as well, attached you’ll find the script I used to perform this task. I’m still having trouble though with the Schemas.

Thanks
Rudi
Oracle_RemoveSequencesFromAttributes.js (382 Bytes)

Hi Rudi,

I think the User/Schema is accessed as
Entity.DbOwner

so you can get the name as Entity.DbOwner.Name

HTH
Malcolm

Hi,

DbOwner also gives the same problem. “Must be an Object”

Rudi

Hello Rudi and Malcolm,

Please find attached our script version.

If you have any questions, please write us back.

Thanks for your patience once again.

Regards,

Vladka + Mario
script.js (641 Bytes)

Thank you very much, this script runs like a dream.

Perfect! Thanks.

Vladka