Side by Side comparison of Toad Data Point and (Quest) Script Runner?

I was wondering if anyone had a link to a side by side comparison of Quest Script Runner (bundled with Toad for Oracle Xpert ed.) and Toad Data Point?

My colleague is using Data Point to run scripts in the background, but I don’t think we need it (because Script Runner supposedly handles that function). We work in a world of limited ram, so I want to find out if there are any performance impacting issues and get some solid data before we make a decision. Thanks in advance.

If all you are looking at doing is running scripts in the background then Script Runner is probably a better option. It’s very light weight but not very full featured and its sole purpose in life is to run scripts. From the Toad Editor, you can also use the execute script drop down and select the "Execute Script in SQLPlus". That will open a SQLPlus session with your connection information and execute the script there - even lighter weight.

Greg

Sent: Wednesday, February 24, 2016 9:38 AM

To: toadoracle@toadworld.com

Subject: [Toad for Oracle - Discussion Forum] Side by Side comparison of Toad Data Point and (Quest) Script Runner?

Side by Side comparison of Toad Data Point and (Quest) Script Runner?

Thread created by kchyslope

I was wondering if anyone had a link to a side by side comparison of Quest Script Runner (bundled with Toad for Oracle Xpert ed.) and Toad Data Point?

My colleague is using Data Point to run scripts in the background, but I don’t think we need it (because Script Runner supposedly handles that function). We work in a world of limited ram, so I want to find out if there are any performance impacting issues and get some solid data before we make a decision. Thanks in advance.

To reply, please reply-all to this email.

Stop receiving emails on this subject.

Or
Unsubscribe from Toad for Oracle - General
notifications altogether.

Toad for Oracle - Discussion Forum

Flag
this post as spam/abuse.