Toad World® Forums

Sort_buffer_size on TDP local storage

Hi. I am selecting a large amount of data from local storage to crate a TDR. There is an order by in my select statement that produces the error ""Out of sort memory, consider increasing server sort buffer size." I find directions to do that on TIC ( Solution 2: Increase the value of the sort_buffer_size variable by adding "sort_buffer_size=2M" to the Intelligence Central configuration file found here: C:\Program Files\Quest Software\Toad Intelligence Central\datahub.cnf)

but where do I do that on my PC? I see this path C:\Program Files\Quest Software\Toad Data Point 5.3\DataHub\conf, but not "datahub.cnf".

Thanks in advance!

John

John, you'll need to access the Windows box where your Toad Intelligence Central layer is installed, and search for the config file there.... unless Toad Intelligence Central was also installed on the same workstation as Toad Data Point (not recommended), in which case you should find the config file per the instructions you cited.

And while we're at it, the config file might be under the "Program Files (x86)" dir, and not the "Program Files" location used for 64-bit apps. That is, also check the path...
C:\Program Files (x86)\Quest Software\Toad Intelligence Central\datahub.cnf
to find your file.