Spaces in VCS folder names in Team Coding

Toad 12.9.0.5 with TFS. I’m playing with the new feature to specify alternate folder names in the Team Coding Admin, and I find that if there is a space embedded in the folder name, then I can’t check out files. The checkout button simply doesn’t do anything.

Is this expected behavior? The default folder name for package body is “PACKAGE BODY” with a space. I had already renamed this to something else before I started testing 12.9, so I don’t know what the actual folder name would have been, but in my testing with 12.8 where there is no choice, the folder created is “PACKAGE_BODY” with an underscore.

If spaces are allowed, then something is broken. If not allowed, then you shouldn’t allow spaces to be inserted in the interface (not to mention that the defaults shouldn’t have spaces).

Hey Roddy,

The default folder name in 12.8 would have been “PACKAGE_BODY”. Toad 12.8 attempted to use underscores, rather than spaces, for object type folder names since different version control providers behave differently. Some providers allowed spaces whereas others had issues when spaces were used. We did have a few instances where the selected VCS project folder had a space and Team Coding attempted to reference it with an underscore as well, however those issues were fixed.

TFS should be able to handle spaces in folder names, so I’m not sure why it’s failing in your environment. I would suggest turning on VCS debug logging within Utilities -> Team Coding -> Configure. Then, if you could e-mail me the log file, it might help to track down why it isn’t working.

-John

Sent: Wednesday, November 18, 2015 12:12 PM

To: toadoraclebeta@toadworld.com

Subject: [Toad for Oracle - Beta Discussion Forum] Spaces in VCS folder names in Team Coding

Spaces in VCS folder names in Team Coding

Thread created by roddyt

Toad 12.9.0.5 with TFS. I’m playing with the new feature to specify alternate folder names in the Team Coding Admin, and I find that if there is a space embedded in the folder name, then I can’t check out files. The checkout button simply doesn’t do anything.

Is this expected behavior? The default folder name for package body is “PACKAGE BODY” with a space. I had already renamed this to something else before I started testing 12.9, so I don’t know what the actual folder name would have been, but in my testing with 12.8 where there is no choice, the folder created is “PACKAGE_BODY” with an underscore.

If spaces are allowed, then something is broken. If not allowed, then you shouldn’t allow spaces to be inserted in the interface (not to mention that the defaults shouldn’t have spaces).

To reply, please reply-all to this email.

Stop receiving emails on this subject.

Or
Unsubscribe from Toad for Oracle - Beta
notifications altogether.

Toad for Oracle - Beta Discussion Forum

Flag
this post as spam/abuse.