Specific chart in the detail band of a report

Hello,
I am wondering if anyone knows how to create a chart in the detail band of the report, that won’t repeat the heathers for each column of data. For example:

**Jan       Feb      March

Total Error** 9 9 8
Balance 10 10 7

% Portfolio Error 0 0 0
Balance 0 0 0
Variation Error 1 0 -1

**Balance ** 3 0 -3

Each “Error” and “Balance” comes from a different data field, and through a query I am extracting three values for each of them. Instead of grouping them vertically, I want to group them horizontally. I hava managed to put one column after the next, but the result I get is something like this:

**Jan                                             Feb     **

Total Error 9 Total Error 9
Balance 10 **Balance ** 10

% Portfolio Error 0 %Portfolio Error 0
Balance 0 **Teleki ** 0
Variation Error 1 Variation Error 0

**Balance ** 3 **Balance ** 0

I have also tried doing it as a chart in a header band, but since there is more than one value per field, it won’t show them all.
Any idea would be welcomed!

Thank you!!

Sorry, about the aspect of the previous post, it wouldn’t let me paste charts. Here are the images: chart 1 what I want, chart 2 what I get. I need to remove the heather os the ROWS.

Thank you!!
chart1.bmp

Sorry, about the aspect of the previous post, it wouldn’t let me paste charts. Here are the images: chart 1 what I want, chart 2 what I get. I need to remove the heather os the ROWS.

Thank you!!
chart2.bmp

There is a Pivot Grid object in the Data Reports tool box. See screenshot. This should give you what you need.

Debbie

oh! I had not thought of that.
Thank you Debbie!

If I can take the chance to ask you one more thing: is it possible, in a chart, to put in red negative currencies? As a format string?

Thanks again!

Hello Debbie,
I was trying to work with the Pivot Grid but I don´t seem to be able to create it as I need it :S Is there a way to put the corresponding fields to fill in a line instead of columns? Does TOAD have an example, like the one that appears in the “printing settings” part that I can start with?

Thanks again

I'm not sure I understand. If you go to the layout page you can drag a column to the row area or column area.

Debbie
td.png