Sql Nav6.2 Crush

Dear Support,

I have a 64 Bit windows 8, I am trying to install sql nav 6.2 commercial version and what I receive is “Unhandled Exception at startup, Cannot load OCI.dll” knowing that I have a working 11g Oracle Client, I have a working XE.

Thank you,

You need to install a 32-bit Oracle client and do not include SQLNav into the (x86) folder.

Sent: ‎10/‎01/‎2016 1:33 PM

To: sqlnav@toadworld.com

Subject: [SQL Navigator - Discussion Forum] Sql Nav6.2 Crush

Sql Nav6.2 Crush

Thread created by wael abu rezeq
Dear Support,

I have a 64 Bit windows 8, I am trying to install sql nav 6.2 commercial version and what I receive is “Unhandled Exception at startup, Cannot load OCI.dll” knowing that I have a working 11g Oracle Client, I have a working XE.

Thank you,

To reply, please reply-all to this email.

Stop receiving emails on this subject.

Or
Unsubscribe from SQL Navigator - General
notifications altogether.

SQL Navigator - Discussion Forum

Flag
this post as spam/abuse.

Thanks, But I tried to change the location and it didn’t work! It looks like I am forced to have it in (x86). Is 32 bit sql nav compatible with 64 bit windows 8?

thank you,

Thanks, But I tried to change the location and it didn't work! It looks like I am forced to have it in (x86). Is 32 bit sql nav compatible with 64 bit windows 8?

thank you,

On Sun, Jan 10, 2016 at 3:55 PM, Vincent Liu bounce-vliu@toadworld.com wrote:

RE: Sql Nav6.2 Crush

Reply by Vincent Liu
You need to install a 32-bit Oracle client and do not include SQLNav into the (x86) folder.

Or Unsubscribe from SQL Navigator - General notifications altogether.

Flag this post as spam/abuse.

6.2 is not tested under win8. You can try to install it into c:\Quest Software\SQL Navigator for Oracle. Don’t try system Program Files folder or else Windows will force it to (x86) folder as it is a 32-bit program. Newer versions since 7.1 are tested for 64-bit win8.

Sent: ‎10/‎01/‎2016 8:01 PM

To: sqlnav@toadworld.com

Subject: RE: [SQL Navigator - Discussion Forum] Sql Nav6.2 Crush

RE: Sql Nav6.2 Crush

Reply by wael abu rezeq
Thanks, But I tried to change the location and it didn’t work! It looks like I am forced to have it in (x86). Is 32 bit sql nav compatible with 64 bit windows 8?

thank you,

Or
Unsubscribe from SQL Navigator - General
notifications altogether.

Flag
this post as spam/abuse.

Thank you Vincent,

It worked,

below are the output:

1- Oracle XE 11g (last edition of v 11)

2- Sql Nav 6.7 (where installation folder is at the C drive and not in any Program Files folder)

After that, I received the following error “ORA-12541: TNS:no listener”. In order to solve it,

1- Make sure that TNS file path in the system environment variables is the same as Oracle Client (or XE) path.

2- Make sure that you have a full read/write admin privileges on Oracle (installation file which is located at C Drive).

Thanks again