Toad World® Forums

SQL Optimizer Always Hangs (Not Responding)


#1

Hi!

I’ve downloaded and using trial version of Toad For Oracle version 12.1.0.22 from Toad DBA Suit For Oracle edition.

I’ve downloaded this version approx. 2 months back and have extended the license (trial period) also.

But a very disappointing problem is that since its installation, it has not given any output for a single SQL optmization.

Whenever I try to optimize any sql, it runs for several hours and “Not Responding” is written in the title bar.

I’ve also tried “Stop if optimization exceeds “N” minutes” (where N = 30 or similar) but even after that time, it does not run the alternative SQL statements that it has suggested.

Specifications:

Microsoft Windows 7.

Intel Core i3 @ 3.30GHz

4 GB RAM (2.85 usable)

Oracle Client 11 and Oracle Server 11.


#2

I have the exact same issues which I reported to the dev team during toad 12.5 dev cycle and I thought it was fixed - but it still has the same problem with toad 12.5 (just released).

All I can say is that it appears to be due to complex oracle homes - i.e. when I have mutiple oracle clients installed then this issue seems to occur. I don’t have any workarounds yet, but I’ve been working this issue the past two days already.

But thanks for your post - the dev team always takes me more seriously when I have actual customer issues to show that it’s not just me :slight_smile:


#3

This problem existed in 12.1, but has been resolved in 12.5 assuming that your hang is the same one.

Michael

On 06/12/2014 02:43 AM, amoltarte wrote:

SQL Optimizer Always Hangs (Not Responding)

Thread created by amoltarte
Hi!

I’ve downloaded and using trial version of Toad For Oracle version 12.1.0.22 from Toad DBA Suit For Oracle edition.

I’ve downloaded this version approx. 2 months back and have extended the license (trial period) also.

But a very disappointing problem is that since its installation, it has not given any output for a single SQL optmization.

Whenever I try to optimize any sql, it runs for several hours and “Not Responding” is written in the title bar.

I’ve also tried “Stop if optimization exceeds “N” minutes” (where N = 30 or similar) but even after that time, it does not run the alternative SQL statements that it has suggested.

Specifications:

Microsoft Windows 7.

Intel Core i3 @ 3.30GHz

4 GB RAM (2.85 usable)

Oracle Client 11 and Oracle Server 11.

To reply, please reply-all to this email.

Stop receiving emails on this subject.

Or
Unsubscribe from Toad for Oracle - General
notifications altogether.

Toad for Oracle - Discussion Forum

Flag
this post as spam/abuse.