SQL Recall missing many successful executions

Hello,

I recently switched from version 11.6 to 12.10 and am finding so many bugs in this new version, one of which involves SQL Recall. I just opened SQL Recall to copy something I executed earlier today and found it wasn't there. I've executed many successful queries today but only one is showing in the recall window (see screenshot). In fact, one of the queries just executed is visible in the editor windows in the attached screenshot but you can see that it is not showing up in the SQL Recall window (I have it sorted by date).

I'm wondering if this is a known issue and if so, whether or not it will be fixed soon.

Thanks,

Christine

I just realized that there was a filter on the results. This is yet another change to this functionality that is not as useful as it was in previous versions. For starters, I did not filter in the SQL recall window; a while back I had filtered in the saved SQL tab so I had no idea there was a filter applied to the SQL Recall view. Additionally, the filtering mechanism in previous versions used to be much more straight forward and visible with the SQL contains textbox right there that was clear and easy to see. I really hope these things will be addressed in subsequent versions because these changes were definitely not improvements to the previous design.

For starters, I did not filter in the SQL recall window

A filter may be automatically applied to limit shown SQL to those executed against the active session. This is controlled by the option on Editor|Code Assist page to "Filter statements by active session." This is the renamed equivalent of the old "Show only statements for the active session" option if you had that set. The filter button also has a dropdown surfacing that same option as well as showing a set of suggested filters based on the properties of SQL gathered, but those require manual activation.

Additionally, the filtering mechanism in previous versions used to be much more straight forward and visible with the SQL contains textbox right there that was clear and easy to see.

True, the old surfaced simple filtering very easily. A couple of points that may help going forward as you familiarize yourself with the new.

1. Filtering is more powerful
  2. The button image shows in red to indicate active filter, similar to other areas of Toad where you may have seen the same. Also, the status bar indicates that a filter is in use and what the criteria is.
  3. Filters can be saved.
  4. Filtering can be set using CTRL+F - think "Find" in text editors.
    Michael

Hi Michael, thanks for the reply as well as the tips. I had previously made sure that the option to limit to active session only was disabled and had applied a filter against the Saved SQL, but because that was a while back and I hadn’t set it against the Recent SQL, I was surprised to find that it had been applied to both. It sounds like this new filtering system could be more robust and I’m sure I’ll adjust to it. That said, I’m really hoping they bring back the former SQL Recall layout which, to me, was much clearer and more user friendly.

Thanks again,

Christine

that was a while back and I hadn't set it against the Recent SQL

Ah, yes. Filter applies to both tabs.

new filtering system could be more robust

If you are a regex fan like myself the new filtering supports regex searching. Super powerful. The regex engine used is PCRE (Perl compatible regex). There are also case sensitive and whole word options that are useful for non-regex searches. Similarly date range options as well. Be sure to check out the filter suggestions from that dropdown.

Michael

Yes, I did notice the additional options (case sensitive, whole word options, etc.) Thanks again for the additional info.