Toad World® Forums

System.NullReferenceException error

I have several critical schedule jobs and this unknown error frequently causes scheduled jobs from completing.

Can someone help with following error:

THanks.
John

Here is the screenshot.
TDA_Error.png

I have several questions:

1. What TDA automation activity is having an issue when this error occurs?
  2. What is the connection in the Query Builder file? What is the connection in the parent connection? Are they the same?
  3. Try taking the SQL out of the Query Builder file and putting into *.sql file and using in automation script. Does this change things?

If the above does not lead to a solution please run script with verbose logging and send me the log file, automation script and query builder file.

Debbie

Debbie,

Here are my responses.

--I don't know what specific activity causes this error, it suddenly appears periodically throughout the day. Where can I look to find what is triggering this?

2. What is the connection in the Query Builder file? What is the connection in the parent connection? Are they the same?
    --This is a connection to Oracle database. I'm attaching a screenshot.

3. Try taking the SQL out of the Query Builder file and putting into *.sql file and using in automation script. Does this change things?
    --All scheduled .tas programs are already executing .sql files. Second attachment.

Since I don't know what is causing this error message, what can I provide to diagnose this?

Thanks for your attention.
John

Debbie,

Here are my responses.

--I don't know what specific activity causes this error, it suddenly appears periodically throughout the day. Where can I look to find what is triggering this?

--This is a connection to Oracle database. I'm attaching a screenshot.

--All scheduled .tas programs are already executing .sql files. Second attachment.

Since I don't know what is causing this error message, what can I provide to diagnose this?

Thanks for your attention.
John

I have one user who gets a similiar error. We solved this by adding a database connection at the top of the script. Try this out and if that does not solve please send me a verbose log file of output.

Debbie