Toad World® Forums

TDM crashes when generating script

Hi

I have a model in TDM which is deployed to may dev database (SQL 2008 R2).
In the beginning I could do a comparison between the modell and the physical database and let toad genereate alter script.

What has hapened now is that TDM crashes every time i try to do this.

I get the error that is placed last in this post. I have searched this forum and the web for a solution but nothing has helped and the error still occurs. I’ve seen in som casses that quest have looked att the model and founs some errors. Is that possible to do that with my model.

EurekaLog 6.0.14

Application:

1.1 Start Date : Fri, 7 Sep 2012 13:28:15 +0200
1.2 Name/Description: TDM.exe - (Toad Data Modeler)
1.3 Version Number : 4.2.6.12
1.4 Parameters :
1.5 Compilation Date: Wed, 18 Apr 2012 08:01:57 +0200
1.6 Up Time : 2 minutes, 20 seconds

Exception:

2.1 Date : Fri, 7 Sep 2012 13:30:35 +0200
2.2 Address : 00DA76E5
2.3 Module Name : TDM.exe - (Toad Data Modeler)
2.4 Module Version: 4.2.6.12
2.5 Type : EAccessViolation
2.6 Message : Access violation at address 00DA76E5 in module ‘TDM.exe’. Read of address 00000000.
2.7 ID : 704A
2.8 Count : 1
2.9 Status : New
2.10 Note :

User:

3.1 ID : qerpmo
3.2 Name : Windows User
3.3 Email :
3.4 Company :
3.5 Privileges: SeIncreaseQuotaPrivilege - OFF
SeSecurityPrivilege - OFF
SeTakeOwnershipPrivilege - OFF
SeLoadDriverPrivilege - OFF
SeSystemProfilePrivilege - OFF
SeSystemtimePrivilege - OFF
SeProfileSingleProcessPrivilege - OFF
SeIncreaseBasePriorityPrivilege - OFF
SeCreatePagefilePrivilege - OFF
SeBackupPrivilege - OFF
SeRestorePrivilege - OFF
SeShutdownPrivilege - OFF
SeDebugPrivilege - OFF
SeSystemEnvironmentPrivilege - OFF
SeChangeNotifyPrivilege - ON
SeRemoteShutdownPrivilege - OFF
SeUndockPrivilege - OFF
SeManageVolumePrivilege - OFF
SeImpersonatePrivilege - ON
SeCreateGlobalPrivilege - ON
SeIncreaseWorkingSetPrivilege - OFF
SeTimeZonePrivilege - OFF
SeCreateSymbolicLinkPrivilege - OFF

Active Controls:

4.1 Form Class : TFConvertorProgressBar.UnicodeClass
4.2 Form Text : Convertor
4.3 Control Class: TFConvertorProgressBar.UnicodeClass
4.4 Control Text :

Computer:

5.1 Name : DEV104SQL05
5.2 Total Memory : 5791 Mb
5.3 Free Memory : 4565 Mb
5.4 Total Disk : 40 Gb
5.5 Free Disk : 15,38 Gb
5.6 System Up Time: 2 days, 2 hours, 13 minutes, 31 seconds
5.7 Processor : Intel® Core™ i7 CPU 870 @ 2.93GHz
5.8 Display Mode : 1676 x 888, 32 bit
5.9 Display DPI : 96
5.10 Video Card : VMware SVGA 3D (Microsoft Corporation - WDDM) (driver 7.14.1.1134 - RAM 32 MB)
5.11 Printer : TP Output Gateway (driver 8,6,183,2)

Operating System:

6.1 Type : Microsoft Windows Vista (64 bit)
6.2 Build # : 7601
6.3 Update : Service Pack 1
6.4 Language: Swedish
6.5 Charset : 0

Network:

7.1 IP Address: x
7.2 Submask : x
7.3 Gateway : x
7.4 DNS 1 : x
7.5 DNS 2 : x
7.6 DHCP : ON

Hi Patrik,

Have you tried to Test Model to find out any errors in your model? If any errors appear, try to eliminate them and run script generation again.
If the issue persists, can you provide the model for testing, please? You can send it to modeling@quest.com.
Can you send whole EurekaLog, please, in case you couldn’t provide the model?

Thank you,
Lukas

Hi

I have tested the modell and it doesn’t conatin any errors. I have tried to compare ande generate scripts against an empty database and that also fails.

Sometimes when i try to generate just an object it succeeds but it seems to depend on what options i choose in the wizzard.

I will send the modell to the email in your answer and i hope you can take a look at it.

Hi,

thank you for the model. To our regret, we were not able to reproduce the error. Please send us screenshots of how you setup the wizard, we would like to know what options are enabled etc.

Also, what might help is the other model (simply reverse engineer the database, create new model and then we can try to compare existing model with the newly created).

If problems occur again, please send us full Eureka Log.
http://blogs.inside.quest.com/modeling/2011/02/02/how-to-send-eureka-log/

Thank you,

Vaclav & TDM Team

The problem still occurse. Occasionaly it can generate an alter script for all objects in the model but never for a specific object.

I cant sent you a full eureka log cause I no longer get the error popup window (upgraded to 4.3). I found the TDM.elf file but that doesn’t seem to register the error.

Toad data modeller now hangs and becomes “Not Responding”