TDP 3.6 Automation Crash/Error

Hi all…

I just updated to TDP 3.6 and encountered two errors:

First, this error occured when running an automation script with Export to File activity: Could not deserialize object. The type ‘Quest.Toad.ImportExport.ExcelExportInstanceOptions’ could not be resolved.

Second, this error occured when I closed the automation file after the Email activity failed to execute b/c of stmp error:

System.InvalidOperationException
The workflow hosting environment does not have a persistence service as required by an operation on the workflow instance “fc124c94-920e-4655-b513-ae4ebf1383c5”.
Stack Trace:
at System.Workflow.Runtime.WorkflowRuntime.InitializeExecutor(Guid instanceId, CreationContext context, WorkflowExecutor executor, WorkflowInstance workflowInstance)
at System.Workflow.Runtime.WorkflowRuntime.Load(Guid key, CreationContext context, WorkflowInstance workflowInstance)
at System.Workflow.Runtime.WorkflowInstance.Terminate(String error)
at Quest.Toad.Workflow.Engine.Cancel()
at Quest.Toad.Automation.AutomationForm.get_CanClose()
at Quest.Toad.Gui.MdiDocumentForm.OnClosing(CancelEventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WmClose(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WndProc(Message& m)
at DevExpress.XtraEditors.XtraForm.WndProc(Message& msg)
at Quest.Toad.Gui.MainForm.WndProc(Message& msg)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

For the first error, it seems there might be some kind of backward compatibility issue. Can you send me (igor.manokhin@quest.com) your Automation script and, if embed is unselected, the export template file as well (txp file)?

As for the 2nd error - is it reproducible? When you were closing Automation window - was script still running (if the last line in the log is not “Done” then probably script was still running)?

Thanks for reporting,

Igor.

The first error did seem like a backward compatibility issue. I saved the tas file in 3.6 format and the error did not occur. Does migrating automation jobs from older TDP version to a newer TDP version take care of this issue?

As for the second error, the script was sill running. I was not able to reproduce this error.

Btw, in what version the failed script in #1 was run last time? If it’s from 3.5 to 3.6 then I would really like to address this issue. If it’s from earlier than 3.5 to 3.6 then I still would like to take a look. Can you send me original tas and txp? I need txp only if you have Embed Files in Description activity un-selected.

As for #2, I saw this error stack couple of times. Never was able to reproduce. Most probably it is thrown when running script is attempted to cancel, e.g. closing Automation designer window when script is still running.

Thanks,

Igor.