Toad World® Forums

Error Message while opening the Automation Script

Hi - I’ve been using TOAD DATA POINT 3.3 from past one year. Suddenly I started getting following error when I try to open the Automation Script file .TAS

Invalid Element ‘SelectDataActivity.DatasetPublishingOptions’ found while deserializing an object of type ‘Quest.Toad.Workflow.Activities.Database.SelectDataActivity’.

Invalid data found while deserializing an object of type ‘Quest.Toad.Workflow.Activities.Database.SelectDataActivity’.

Please suggest a solution. As I am unable to open it I can’t debug the script itself.

Thanks

Most probably you’ve tried to open your TDP 3.3 script in later version of TDP and then tried to open it in 3.3 again. Is this the case? If yes - you should go the data directory of that later TDP and take unchanged 3.3 script from there. Data directory is here (Windows 7):

C:\Users<your account name>\AppData\Roaming\Quest Software\Toad Data Point

From there go to Automation\bak - here you should find your unchanged 3.3 script.

Igor.

Thank you so much. I had 3.6 installed alongside 3.3 and that was the cause. I was able to recover my script from the path you mentioned. Appreciate your help!