Moving to new machine - automations wont open

Hello - I am trying to move several .tas toad automations to a new machine and i am getting the following errors on open of the .tas file:

Invalid Element 'DatasetPublishingOptionsClass.PublishingDatasources' found while deserializing an object of type 'Quest.Toad.Workflow.Activities.Database.DatasetPublishingOptionsClass'.
Invalid data found while deserializing an object of type 'Quest.Toad.Workflow.Activities.Database.DatasetPublishingOptionsClass'.
Invalid Element 'DatasetPublishingOptionsClass.PublishingDatasources' found while deserializing an object of type 'Quest.Toad.Workflow.Activities.Database.DatasetPublishingOptionsClass'.
Invalid data found while deserializing an object of type 'Quest.Toad.Workflow.Activities.Database.DatasetPublishingOptionsClass'.

The automations open and run fine on the existing machine.

Thanks,
Katrina

"Moving .tas Toad automations to a new machine".... defining the steps you're taking in further detail would be a big help here, Katrina.

Until then, some questions...

• Are you copying these .tas files over to a new workstation where TDP is installed? In the same folder location?
  • Using the same version of TDP on the new machine? And installed in the same install folder location?
  • If you look at the XML for your any of your .tas files, you'll see that there are file paths embedded as part of the automation definition. Do they exist on the new machine, and do you have permissions to read/write to these locations ?

Otherwise, might need to send this to Quest Support.

1 Like

Hi Gary!

I went through your suggestions and it appeared we were provided an older version! My version has been updated and the automations are now opening.

Thanks for your suggestions!
Katrina

1 Like