TDP 3.6 cross join SQL / Excel

Hi, I need to join an Excel file to my Oracle SQL and use it as a look up - linking it on a key field. I read a few articles that indicated this can be done… How? I have my Excel Linked and can run a simple select query against it that returns data. I’d like to do a JOIN in my Oracle SQL to it and have the results (dataset) have additional columns from the excel WHERE the kkey fields match…

…any info would be greatly appreciated…

Thanks, from sunny southern california…

First make sure you are connected to Excel just like any other connection. After you connect to oracle open up the Cross-Connection Query Builder from the menu.

xquery4.png

Then drag in a table from each connection. The Object explorer will list all objects from both connections. Create the join by dragging one column over to the other. Select your columns and add where condition and execute.

Thanks - this is exactly what I was looking for…

Donald Piazza**

Lead Business Consultant, Administrative Programs

Medicaid & Charitable Health Coverage

Kaiser Permanente

HPPSA - Membership Administration & Benefits Administration

3840 Murphy Canyon Road

San Diego, CA 92123

(858) 614-3086 (office)

8-279-3086 (tie-line)

(858) 264-7344 (mobile phone)

kp.org/thrive

NOTICE TO RECIPIENT:
If you are not the intended recipient of this e-mail, you are prohibited from sharing, copying, or otherwise using or disclosing its contents. If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender immediately by reply e-mail and permanently delete this e-mail and any attachments without reading, forwarding or saving them. Thank you.

From: “Debbie Peabody” bounce-Debbie_Peabody@toadworld.com

To: toaddatapoint@toadworld.com

Date: 08/13/2015 05:57 PM

Subject: RE: [Toad Data Point - Discussion Forum] TDP 3.6 cross join SQL / Excel

RE: TDP 3.6 cross join SQL / Excel

Reply by Debbie Peabody
First make sure you are connected to Excel just like any other connection. After you connect to oracle open up the Cross-Connection Query Builder from the menu.

Then drag in a table from each connection. The Object explorer will list all objects from both connections. Create the join by dragging one column over to the other. Select your columns and add where condition and execute.

To reply, please reply-all to this email.

Stop receiving emails
on this subject.

Or Unsubscribe from Toad Data Point - General
notifications altogether.

Toad Data Point - Discussion Forum

Flag
this post as spam/abuse.

I am using TDP 3.7 Base version, but can’t find the menu for Cross-Connection Query Builder. I have ODBC connection to Oracle db and Excel Connection to a file. Is the Cross-Connection query supported in 3.7 base? or am I missing something?

Thanks,

Liya,

Cross-Connection Query is only available in Pro edition. Please consider update your TDP to pro.

Thanks!