Team Coding - SQL Editor Compile Button Not Disabled

Hi,

I started using Toad for Oracle 12.5.0.99 x64 two weeks ago, my previous version was Toad 12.1 x64.

I had configured Team Coding in my database with VCS.

In 12.1 version, as I expected, none of objects controlled by Team Coding such as Procedures, Packages could be compiled in SQL Editor or Schema Browser unless I checked them out.

In other words, the compile / execute script buttons were remaining disabled if you’d never checked the object out.

After my upgrade to 12.5, all Team Coding functionalities work regularly.

However, the compile / execute script buttons are displayed as enabled even if I do not check the objects out from VCS.

This prevents DB level locking of the objects stored in Team Coding VCS.

Is this a bug, or am I have some wrong options in Toad Options or in Team Coding Settings?

Note : I am not using Code Collections in new version either, as I were not in 12.1.

Regards.

Any news?

Hi Serder

We just got in to work here. I am looking at it this morning.

Stephen

From: serdar.sevim [mailto:bounce-serdarsevim@toadworld.com]

Sent: Monday, June 23, 2014 4:06 AM

To: toadoracle@toadworld.com

Subject: RE: [Toad for Oracle - Discussion Forum] Team Coding - SQL Editor Compile Button Not Disabled

RE: Team Coding - SQL Editor Compile Button Not Disabled

Reply by serdar.sevim

Any news?

To reply, please reply-all to this email.

Stop receiving emails on this subject.

Or
Unsubscribe from Toad for Oracle - General
notifications altogether.

Toad for Oracle - Discussion Forum

Flag
this post as spam/abuse.

Hello,

This did change from 12.1. In 12.1 the Execute (F9) button is disabled and the Execute as Script is enabled (F5). In the Schema Browser both actions have
always been enabled. I will change it back to the way it was in the previous version, in the next beta.

Team Coding is not intended to control execution of objects, just the ability to edit the source. I am not sure what benefit there is to disabling the execute
button here, but think that it should be consistent with the way it has worked in the past.

Stephen

From: serdar.sevim [mailto:bounce-serdarsevim@toadworld.com]

Sent: Friday, June 20, 2014 7:42 PM

To: toadoracle@toadworld.com

Subject: [Toad for Oracle - Discussion Forum] Team Coding - SQL Editor Compile Button Not Disabled

Team Coding - SQL Editor Compile Button Not Disabled

Thread created by serdar.sevim

Hi,

I started using Toad for Oracle 12.5.0.99 x64 two weeks ago, my previous version was Toad 12.1 x64.

I had configured Team Coding in my database with VCS.

In 12.1 version, as I expected, none of objects controlled by Team Coding such as Procedures, Packages could be compiled in SQL Editor or Schema Browser unless
I checked them out.

In other words, the compile / execute script buttons were remaining disabled if you’d never checked the object out.

After my upgrade to 12.5, all Team Coding functionalities work regularly.

However, the compile / execute script buttons are displayed as enabled even if I do not check the objects out from VCS.

This prevents DB level locking of the objects stored in Team Coding VCS.

Is this a bug, or am I have some wrong options in Toad Options or in Team Coding Settings?

Note : I am not using Code Collections in new version either, as I were not in 12.1.

Regards.

To reply, please reply-all to this email.

Stop receiving emails on this subject.

Or
Unsubscribe from Toad for Oracle - General
notifications altogether.

Toad for Oracle - Discussion Forum

Flag
this post as spam/abuse.