I was using: Microsoft Windows Server 2016 Standard, 10.0.14393 Build 14393 over RDP. I run ToadSS in admin mode.
Today I haven't been able to reproduce it yet after some light use, but yesterday I got to a point where I had a query in the editor and I could not run it because the button was disabled. It happened twice. I don't know exactly what led to that, I went back and forth between connections, running queries, switching connections of scripts.
I never ever had this problem with ToadSS 7.1.0. You must have changed the behaviour of the green button in a subsequent release.
You can choose to believe me, or not. The bottom line is that I do not want to renew the license anymore. I was going to, however, this bug was the cherry on the top. I already spent time writing the original message, and I was disrupted in my work. I cannot debug your product for you. I will try to be aware of my steps in the UI, and if I come across this issue again I will try to figure out the steps and come back to this thread to document them. At this point I am going to leave it at that.