TechValidate customer survey real? Looks like spam

Is the TechValidate customer survey real? Aside from the unknown in the email, Josh Howard (If you have any questions about this survey, please contact Josh Howard at Dell Software at josh_h@dell.com) this appears like a Phishing expedition.

Larry

Hey Larry,

That’s not a standard dell-formatted e-mail address, so I would be a bit cautious as well. There is a Josh Howard at Dell. I’ve e-mailed him to get confirmation
as to whether that e-mail sounds familiar to him. As soon as I know more, I’ll let you know.

Thanks for letting us know about this, Larry!

-John

From: wickliffe.larry [mailto:bounce-wickliffelarry@toadworld.com]

Sent: Wednesday, May 20, 2015 10:23 AM

To: toadoraclebeta@toadworld.com

Subject: [Toad for Oracle - Beta Discussion Forum] TechValidate customer survey real? Looks like spam

TechValidate customer survey real? Looks like spam

Thread created by wickliffe.larry

Is the TechValidate customer survey real? Aside from the unknown in the email, Josh Howard (If you have any questions about this survey, please contact Josh Howard at Dell Software at
josh_h@dell.com ) this appears
like a Phishing expedition.

Larry

To reply, please reply-all to this email.

Stop receiving emails on this subject.

Or
Unsubscribe from Toad for Oracle - Beta
notifications altogether.

Toad for Oracle - Beta Discussion Forum

Flag
this post as spam/abuse.

FWIW, I received an email from Josh in my work email (not what I use here, but the one I have registered with Dell Support) letting me know that the survey company would be sending out the email.

Even as paranoid as I am, I filled out the survey yesterday. YMMV. :slight_smile:

Rich

Thanks, Rich!

To add further security, I did receive an e-mail back from Josh saying that he is conducting a survey and that the e-mail was valid.

-John

Sent: Wednesday, May 20, 2015 11:22 AM

To: toadoraclebeta@toadworld.com

Subject: RE: [Toad for Oracle - Beta Discussion Forum] TechValidate customer survey real? Looks like spam

RE: TechValidate customer survey real? Looks like spam

Reply by Rich J.

FWIW, I received an email from Josh in my work email (not what I use here, but the one I have registered with Dell Support) letting me know that the survey company would be sending out the email.

Even as paranoid as I am, I filled out the survey yesterday. YMMV. :slight_smile:

Rich

To reply, please reply-all to this email.

Stop receiving emails on this subject.

Or
Unsubscribe from Toad for Oracle - Beta
notifications altogether.

Toad for Oracle - Beta Discussion Forum

Flag
this post as spam/abuse.