"Test model" gives wrong output about view attribute

Working with TDM 5.1 in expert mode I did a “Test Model” on the physical model. Output was

“Failed test TPERViewTest.TestUniqueSourceAttributes” and in the detail tab it says “Duplicity Attribute “TOPIC_ID” Source in “V_SIMULINI”.”

But in the Navigator there is only one attribut called TOPIC_ID and in the SQL preview there is also only one attribut with this name. So why did the test fail?

Hi, I do not know what caused the problem. How did you create the view? Manually, via reverse engineering, model merge, model update? If manually, did you switch from the visual mode to “SELECT in Views as Text”?

Hallo Vaclav,

I did a reverse engineer from a view in an Oracle 10g database designed as follows:

CREATE OR REPLACE FORCE VIEW V_SIMULINI
(
MANDANT,
TOPIC_ID,
ENTRY_ID,
ID,
TOPIC,
ENTRY,
WERT,
TOPIC_SORT,
ENTRY_SORT,
WERT_SORT,
TOPIC_GUELTIG,
ENTRY_GUELTIG,
WERT_GUELTIG
)
AS
SELECT a.mandant,
a.id,
b.id,
c.id,
a.wert,
b.wert,
c.wert,
a.sortnr,
b.sortnr,
c.sortnr,
a.GUELTIG_J_N,
b.GUELTIG_J_N,
c.GUELTIG_J_N
FROM simulini a, simulini b, simulini c
WHERE a.id = b.parent
AND b.id = c.parent
AND a.mandant = b.mandant
AND c.mandant = b.mandant;

So there are two self joins if sumulini. In the RE dialog I did not say “SELECT in Views as Text”. I used TDM 5.1.

There are some more failures to the view. I add the whole Log of Test Model to this post.
LocalLog.txt (4.24 KB)

Hallo Vaclav,

is there any new finding to this issue?

Hi,

Output:

“Failed test TPERViewTest.TestUniqueSourceAttributes” and in the detail tab it says “Duplicity Attribute “TOPIC_ID” Source in “V_SIMULINI”.”

TDM Test returns this output when there are two attributes in a view and the attributes have the same source attribute and are created via another view relationship. However, this is not a 'modeling’bug. This is a bug in the test. Please ignore this output.

We’ve already fixed it.

Thanks!

Regards,

Vladka + TDM Team

Hallo Vladka,

I have just seen your posting. You said, that you’ve already fixed it. Please tell me the version number where the fix is in and when this fix will be productive.

I.E. last week I saw, that there are more than one current beta releases, but in the postings about them there is no time-line or date mentioned, when they will be released as a production release. Could you please make this clear.

Regards,

Frank

Hello Frank,

The fix will be available in Toad Data Modeler 5.3 and possibly Beta 5.3. (TDM-450)

This fix is not in current TDM v. 5.2.

Regards, Vladka