Toad World® Forums

Text Diff Viewer

Is there a way to configure this tool to evaluate whole words vs character-by-character evaluation?

It would be nice to be able to compare two files and see a word-by-word comparison.

I’m not familiar with this type of concept. Do you have an example of a tool that does this, and an example where this makes a difference?

Yes, I have one in mind, check out the attachments.

For files that are extremely similar, it works A-OK, and I would say in most cases this is fine. But for files that differ, in some cases, wildly, it reports similarities that aren’t really valid.

This isn’t a biggie, just wanted to make sure I wasn’t overlooking an option.

Thanks for the Quick Response!
toadO.jpeg

Yes, I have one in mind, check out the attachments.

For files that are extremely similar, it works A-OK, and I would say in most cases this is fine. But for files that differ, in some cases, wildly, it reports similarities that aren’t really valid.

This isn’t a biggie, just wanted to make sure I wasn’t overlooking an option.

Thanks for the Quick Response!
toadTDA.jpeg

Sorry, currently there is no such option available and unfortunately we don’t have any plans of adding it either. I’m sorry too, because I don’t see how the Toad for Oracle way is better. As far as I can tell it isn’t even correct (I at least can’t wrap my head around how to read it in any useful way).

Message was edited by: Mauritz