Tns packet writer failure

We now have instances of 11g clustered across 2 servers, so the tnsnames entry contains both servers and the LOAD_BALANCE and FAILOVER switches are set to Yes. If I leave the TOAD session idle for a while and then try to use it, I get the subject error and must reconnect, which takes a long time. How can TOAD be configured to prevent these disconnections?

Toad 12.0

10g Oracle Client (must stay with this, as I also have to connect to 8i databases)

I have never tested this, but it looks like if you configure Transparent Application Failover, which looks like just a few more tnsnames settings, it should
“just work” in Toad……although we might have to make a few changes so that Toad accurately reflects which instance you are connected to.

http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E11882_01/network.112/e10836/advcfg.htm#NETAG349

Sent: Monday, October 28, 2013 4:12 PM

To: toadoracle@toadworld.com

Subject: [Toad for Oracle - Discussion Forum] Tns packet writer failure

Tns packet writer failure

Thread created by Mike Zarzycki

We now have instances of 11g clustered across 2 servers, so the tnsnames entry contains both servers and the LOAD_BALANCE and FAILOVER switches are set to Yes.
If I leave the TOAD session idle for a while and then try to use it, I get the subject error and must reconnect, which takes a long time. How can TOAD be configured to prevent these disconnections?

Toad 12.0

10g Oracle Client (must stay with this, as I also have to connect to 8i databases)

To reply, please reply-all to this email.

Stop receiving emails on this subject.

Or
Unsubscribe from Toad for Oracle - General
notifications altogether.

Toad for Oracle - Discussion Forum

Flag
this post as spam/abuse.

Hi!

I’m just curious.

if you leave the same amount of time in ordinary sqlplus (with previously executed same sqls like was in Toad example) do you get the same disconnection?

I think yes …

THX for your answer

Brg

Damir Vadas