Toad 12.1 wrong windows shown (bug!?)

Hi,

Place option “Show Buttons for Current Connection”.

1. Open several connections (all with Schema browser and Editor).
  2. In last connection, close both windows (Schema and Editor)
    Now last window (in mine case Editor) is shown. From mine perspective it should be empty workspace (no content) … which I’m not able to get anyway.

This is in case when I want to prevent error to place and action (Schema or SQL) in wrong window, where I use just menu option “Trace” … “ADDM” etc.

Brg,

Damir

As far as I know, it isn’t possible to have open windows but none of them being the active window in a MDI application.

From: damir.vadas_531 [mailto:bounce-damirvadas_531@toadworld.com]

Sent: Thursday, October 03, 2013 2:52 AM

To: toadoracle@toadworld.com

Subject: [Toad for Oracle - Discussion Forum] Toad 12.1 wrong windows shown (bug!?)

Toad 12.1 wrong windows shown (bug!?)

Thread created by damir.vadas_531

Hi,

Place option “Show Buttons for Current Connection”.

1. Open several connections (all with Schema browser and Editor).
  2. In last connection, close both windows (Schema and Editor)
    Now last window (in mine case Editor) is shown. From mine perspective it should be empty workspace (no content) … which I’m not able to get anyway.

This is in case when I want to prevent error to place and action (Schema or SQL) in wrong window, where I use just menu option “Trace” … “ADDM” etc.

Brg,

Damir

To reply, please reply-all to this email.

Stop receiving emails on this subject.

Or
Unsubscribe from Toad for Oracle - General
notifications altogether.

Toad for Oracle - Discussion Forum

Flag
this post as spam/abuse.

John,

Seems to me you are right.

Then, frankly option “Show Buttons for Current Connection” and situation that I describe is really misleading users in that case.

But is there any way to announce user that this window is not a connection that active button shows?

As a small workaround I suggest this.

When user close last window from that connection, let Toad open one window on which is in the middle written something (to avoid “no window show in MDI”) and in that window no input is allowed-just some message?

Brg,

Damir

I think that would work, but I am not sure that it would look very smooth. To open a window automatically after a user closes the last window for a connection, which says “there are no open windows with this connection” seems a bit confusing to me.

Maybe we could make the window very small - a tiny speck that nobody would see! :slight_smile:

John

Whatever will prevent me to type in another connection window …

Brg

Damir