Toad 12.8 'forgets' some lines at the end of the file when formatting / compiling code.

I have a strange behaviour with the TOAD 12.1 12.8 PL/SQL code formatter:

Sometimes it omits the last few lines of a package which then fails to compile.

In the editor the file is shown completely, but when verify the package in the browser the last about 5 lines are missing.

I then have to cut and past the whole code in the editor (same window) and recompile.

Then it works/compiles sans problems.

Anyone else having this phenomenon?

Jan

[edit: I’m using 12.8, sorry]

If you send me sample code that reproduces I can take a look. There may be a formatter bug in 12.1 that might be resolved. If you can't send me code then you could download 12.8 (trial will work as should freeware) and test your code there to see if the problem still exists. You can send any code to
michael.staszewski@quest.com.

Thanks,

Michael

On 01/12/2016 09:35 AM, jan-alexander.milz wrote:

Toad 12.8 'forgets' some lines at the end of the file when formatting / compiling code.

Thread created by jan-alexander.milz
I have a strange behaviour with the TOAD 12.1 PL/SQL code formatter:

Sometimes it omits the last few lines of a package which then fails to compile.

In the editor the file is shown completely, but when verify the package in the browser the last about 5 lines are missing.

I then have to cut and past the whole code in the editor (same window) and recompile.

Then it works/compiles sans problems.

Anyone else having this phenomenon?

Jan

To reply, please reply-all to this email.

Stop receiving emails on this subject.

Or
Unsubscribe from Toad for Oracle - General
notifications altogether.

Toad for Oracle - Discussion Forum

Flag
this post as spam/abuse.

Hi Michael

Thanks for the quick reply.

I noted the wrong version number, I actually use 12.8.0.49 to be exactly.

I’ll send you the code.

Jan

Solution proposed by Michael:

Toad parses as you type in a background thread discarding old results that are invalidated by your edits and merging in new data after parsing has completed. It sounds like the logic to discard old results and insert new is flawed under the conditions that cause your error. What you can do when you see this is click the refresh button on the navigator. That will force a full parse and everything will be OK afterwards. Newer versions of Toad have some changes here that may resolve it, but Toad 12.9 to be releases in late Spring should have it fixed for sure. Toad 12.9 no longer does the partial parsing because of edge cases like this. Toad 12.9 does a full parse each and every time.