Toad 12.9.0.22 - ToadInside issue

TI displays only functions from a package, procedures are skipped.

another thing - example

select t1.*,
(select 1 from tablet2 t2 where t2.
from table1 t1

when I try to use ToadInside at the end of second line (after “t2.”) it displays empty list in any recent version, while 11.6 it still works.

This actually keeps me away from using recent versions even though I disabled automatic popups and use it only with Ctrl <.>

I’m sorry but this part of code is getting worse and worse, I ain’t sure if this is because of an attempt of building some supper intelligence into it. I would not change working TI like in 11.6 for “automatic matching joins”('ve no idea what you call it when you display table1.id =table2.id on top of the list). - I can get it with few clicks without sacrificing basic functionality.

Code Insight will limit what is shown based on the clause you are working on. In a SELECT procedures don't make much sense so they are excluded. Looking at the code I see that I need to enforce additional restrictions because it's not complete as-is. If you are working somewhere where procedure is relevant please include an example.

when I try to use ToadInside at the end of second line (after "t2.") it displays empty list in any recent version, while 11.6 it still works...I'm sorry but this part of code is getting worse and worse, I ain't sure if this is because of an attempt of building some supper intelligence into it.

Excluding minor bugs, there have been two core changes since 11.6 that have been the cause of all major complaints.

The first was an IdeaPond request to allow cancellation of CI. That was problematic for large schemas and those problems have been addressed.

The second is the change from simple string searching to use of the parser. Using the parser allows for greater accuracy of results, but the statement has to be complete enough for it to make sense of it. It has come up several times on the boards if you search the archives, but your example highlights this shortcoming. I had a light bulb moment earlier after reading your post that I'll try. I should be able to eliminate many of the blocking syntax error problems to allow it to function almost completely. There will still be some cases where CI can't make sense of what you have, but those cases should be few and far between if my idea pans out. I'll let you know what comes of it.

Michael

On 02/04/2016 02:12 AM, fisher_359 wrote:

Toad 12.9.0.22 - ToadInside issue

Thread created by fisher_359

another thing - example

select t1.*,

(select 1 from tablet2 t2 where t2.

from table1 t1

when I try to use ToadInside at the end of second line (after "t2.") it displays empty list in any recent version, while 11.6 it still works.

This actually keeps me away from using recent versions even though I disabled automatic popups and use it only with Ctrl <.>

I'm sorry but this part of code is getting worse and worse, I ain't sure if this is because of an attempt of building some supper intelligence into it. I would not change working TI like in 11.6 for "automatic matching joins"('ve no idea what you call it when you display table1.id =table2.id on top of the list). - I can get it with few clicks without sacrificing basic functionality.

To reply, please reply-all to this email.

Stop receiving emails on this subject.

Or
Unsubscribe from Toad for Oracle - Beta
notifications altogether.

Toad for Oracle - Beta Discussion Forum

Flag
this post as spam/abuse.

I was trying to put some anonymous block

begin

mypackage.proc1(par1);

end;

Now I have a limited access to DB, but will try a bit later to get an example.

When it comes to CI, my experience was that anything that was not directly joined in sql was not resolved like another one below

select t1.

from table1 t1

where

and exists ( select null from table2 t2

where t2.

Thanks Michael, I hope see those changes sometime soon, I’m still waiting for double empty line as sql separatr as well.

This example with the open paren and no closing paren is one of the major killers. I should be able to detect that from the parser errors and closing all open parens behind the scenes. That’s my thought anyway and it should be a simple and effective task.

I’ve checked latest beta (0.28) for missing procedures, problem seems to be based on content of the editor.

In empty editor I put

begin

package_name.

and use ctrl +"." do get TI displayed (all package functions and procs are displayed)

when editor looks like :

select * from table

begin

package_name.

list is empty

when editor looks like :

select – some unfinished statement

begin

package_name.

only functions get displayed.

This is the same as your prior reports where your code has syntax errors.

On 02/16/2016 05:21 AM, fisher_359 wrote:

RE: Toad 12.9.0.22 - ToadInside issue

Reply by fisher_359
I've checked latest beta (0.28) for missing procedures, problem seems to be based on content of the editor.

In empty editor I put

begin

package_name.

and use ctrl +"." do get TI displayed (all package functions and procs are displayed)

when editor looks like :

select * from table

begin

package_name.

list is empty

when editor looks like :

select -- some unfinished statement

begin

package_name.

only functions get displayed.

To reply, please reply-all to this email.

Stop receiving emails on this subject.

Or
Unsubscribe from Toad for Oracle - Beta
notifications altogether.

Toad for Oracle - Beta Discussion Forum

Flag
this post as spam/abuse.