HI again guys. My apologies for these posts, but I thought I would document what I find, as I find them here. If you prefer a more suitable location, please let me know.
Here is another one. How TOAD handles drag-n-drop SQL files is not consistent or as expected.
Steps to replicate:
- Open Explorer (Windows) and have an SQL file (filename.sql) ready to drag into TOAD
- Open a new TOAD session
- Try and drag the SQL file across to TOAD into the grey area (or the Editor pane)
- Nothing happens as the mouse icon is a DO NOT GO sign. This is probably OK as I have not opened a connection
- Try and drag the SQL file over to the Connection Manager
- The mouse icon changes to a “possible” drop symbol. But if I let go of the mouse, nothing happens. I would have expected it to automatically open my connection to the database and drop the SQL file into a new Editor window.
- Now try this…
- Open a connection
- Try and drag the SQL file over to the opened connection.
- Again, nothing happens, even though the mouse icon changes to a drop here icon!
- Now press CTRL-N to open a new editor window
- Drag the SQL file into the new window
- It drops! Horray! BUT, it actually opens the file into a new file tab - not into the blank editor window I just created!
Something to consider in your next release guys!