toad automation designer

Hello,

I appreciate the prompt reply on my last question. I have another one that also conerns the automation designer. It is the same app as before, a simple sql query (against the audit views) that exports the dataset to a spreadsheet and then emails that spreadsheet to a list of users. I would like to do the email based on a result set being populated, i.e if “no rows returned” I would like the email not to be sent. I am looking at the “if then else” action, but it does not seem to have that ability.

Any ideas would be greatly apprectiated.

Thank you

Sam

Have your export dataset action export to spreadsheet. Then setup an if-then-else action that uses the File Exists action as the if condition. Look for your
filename. If it’s there then you have data, otherwise no rows returned. This would work assuming you aren’t exporting to an already existing file. If you are reusing the file then put a delete file action first to remove it.

From: sam.powell71026 [mailto:bounce-sampowell71026@toadworld.com]

Sent: Wednesday, October 01, 2014 1:18 PM

To: toadoracle@toadworld.com

Subject: [Toad for Oracle - Discussion Forum] toad automation designer

toad automation designer

Thread created by sam.powell71026

Hello,

I appreciate the prompt reply on my last question. I have another one that also conerns the automation designer. It is the same app as before, a simple sql query
(against the audit views) that exports the dataset to a spreadsheet and then emails that spreadsheet to a list of users. I would like to do the email based on a result set being populated, i.e if “no rows returned” I would like the email not to be sent. I
am looking at the “if then else” action, but it does not seem to have that ability.

Thank you

Sam

To reply, please reply-all to this email.

Stop receiving emails on this subject.

Or
Unsubscribe from Toad for Oracle - General
notifications altogether.

Toad for Oracle - Discussion Forum

Flag
this post as spam/abuse.

Alternatively (and to keep my ToadWorld Teacher ranking alive), you could use an Actionable Query Action at the start of your App to determine if there is any
data present in your result set before proceeding.

Enter something akin to this in your Actionable Query of type SQL:

exists (select * from somewhere where x = ‘something’)

Of course your query would run twice but you’d have something cool to show off.

From: Michael Staszewski [mailto:bounce-mstaszew@toadworld.com]

Sent: Wednesday, October 01, 2014 1:37 PM

Subject: RE: [Toad for Oracle - Discussion Forum] toad automation designer

RE: toad automation designer

Reply by Michael Staszewski

Have your export dataset action export to spreadsheet. Then setup an if-then-else action that uses the File Exists action as the if condition. Look for your
filename. If it’s there then you have data, otherwise no rows returned. This would work assuming you aren’t exporting to an already existing file. If you are reusing the file then put a delete file action first to remove it.

From: sam.powell71026 [mailto:bounce-sampowell71026@toadworld.com]

Sent: Wednesday, October 01, 2014 1:18 PM

Subject: [Toad for Oracle - Discussion Forum] toad automation designer

toad automation designer

Thread created by sam.powell71026

Hello,

I appreciate the prompt reply on my last question. I have another one that also conerns the automation designer. It is the same app as before, a simple sql query
(against the audit views) that exports the dataset to a spreadsheet and then emails that spreadsheet to a list of users. I would like to do the email based on a result set being populated, i.e if “no rows returned” I would like the email not to be sent. I
am looking at the “if then else” action, but it does not seem to have that ability.

Thank you

Sam

Or

Flag
this post as spam/abuse.

Or

Flag
this post as spam/abuse.