Toad - Code collections - Team Coding

Hello,

I need your help because I’m totally stuck. I configured Team Coding to work with subversion. All worked fine and I had a lot of code collections monitoring different schema. All of the code collections point to the same repository with the following tree :

teamcoding

trunk

schema1

Data

Function

Package

Procedure

Table

Trigger

Type

View

schema2

Data

Function

Package

Procedure

Table

Trigger

Type

View

So, I have one code collection for each object type of each schema pointing to each folder of the tree repository. For a specific need, I have to reconfigure these code collections. Actually, we separate the schemas, each one having this own folder in the repository :

teamcoding

trunk

schema1

Data

Function

Package

Procedure

Table

Trigger

Type View

teamcoding_two

trunk

schema2

Data

Function

Package

Procedure

Table

Trigger

Type View

Now I try to reconfigure my code collections and make Create new revision to import in the new repository the object from the database. But when i do that, I got a message saying “This collection contains no items” but it’s wrong, the collections contains objects. So what is the problem ? Can’t I configure code collections pointing to different svn repo ? I withdraw all the code collections for the new repo and from the TC table all the reference to this old code collections. I create new and now it works for some of it but still continue saying the error for the others why ?

Hello Sebastien,

Since I can’t replicate your set up here, I can only make a guess at what may be causing your issues.

Toad only allows you to log in to one SVN Repository. It treats SVN directories as projects. If you are trying to control Code collections in separate repositories
that could be part of the problem.

Also, can you tell me what version of Toad you are running?

Thanks

Stephen

From: sebastien.vancutsem [mailto:bounce-sebastienvancutsem@toadworld.com]

Sent: Tuesday, November 05, 2013 9:14 AM

To: toadoracle@toadworld.com

Subject: [Toad for Oracle - Discussion Forum] Toad - Code collections - Team Coding

Toad - Code collections - Team Coding

Thread created by sebastien.vancutsem

Hello,

I need your help because I’m totally stuck. I configured Team Coding to work with subversion. All worked fine and I had a lot of code collections monitoring different schema. All of the code
collections point to the same repository with the following tree :

teamcoding

trunk

schema1

Data

Function

Package

Procedure

Table

Trigger

Type

View

schema2

Data

Function

Package

Procedure

Table

Trigger

Type

View

So, I have one code collection for each object type of each schema pointing to each folder of the tree repository. For a specific need, I have to reconfigure these code collections. Actually,
we separate the schemas, each one having this own folder in the repository :

teamcoding

trunk

schema1

Data

Function

Package

Procedure

Table

Trigger

Type View

teamcoding_two

trunk

schema2

Data

Function

Package

Procedure

Table

Trigger

Type View

Now I try to reconfigure my code collections and make Create new revision to import in the new repository the object from the database. But when i do that, I got a message saying “This collection
contains no items” but it’s wrong, the collections contains objects. So what is the problem ? Can’t I configure code collections pointing to different svn repo ? I withdraw all the code collections for the new repo and from the TC table all the reference to
this old code collections. I create new and now it works for some of it but still continue saying the error for the others why ?

To reply, please reply-all to this email.

Stop receiving emails on this subject.

Or
Unsubscribe from Toad for Oracle - General
notifications altogether.

Toad for Oracle - Discussion Forum

Flag
this post as spam/abuse.

Hello Stephen,

thanks for your quick reply.

I use Toad 11.5.

For the use of separate repositories, I am not sure to understand. Indeed I use in the same reposiroty, two folders different to manage my code collections.

My repo is : repositories/oracle and in this repo I have two applications A and B. Some of my code/collections point to

repositories/oracle/A/trunk/schema1/View

others point to

repositories/oracle/B/trunk/schema2/View

is it the problem ? what does that mean “It treats SVN directories as projects” ?

Thank you very much for your help.

Sebastien.

Hello Sebastien,

In your initial post you asked if you could code collections pointing to a different svn repo? The answer to that question is no, you can’t configure code
collections against multiple SVN repositories. That is why I brought up the possibility that this might be the issue.

I think I should have been more specific, when I said that Team Coding Treats SVN directories as projects. The way Toad views it, a project is an item that
is listed on the Select Project dialog when you set up code collections. These are the SVN modules or directories at the repository root. Toad does allow you to select sub modules. There was an how this was handled by Toad in earlier version, but was addressed
in Toad 12 (to the best of my recollection).

The error message you are getting is generated if Toad cannot find Code collection items (in your case a line for Procedure, Function, Trigger etc.) for a
specific code collection. There always should be at least one item found. If it was not too difficult, I would delete all code collections and set up a new collection for my first scenario and test that there are items found. It is possible that there is an
issue with reading the correct project. Without recreating your setup this is just a guess.

I would also consider downloading the latest version of Toad if possible, to see, if it is still an issue. There was a fairly significant update in Toad 12,
which addressed issues with SVN and Code Collections. You should be able to run this version of Toad, with no upgrade to Team Coding.

One more thing: by any chance was Team Coding set up in SQL Navigator? This should be ok, but I wanted to check it off the list.

Thanks

Stephen

From: sebastien.vancutsem [mailto:bounce-sebastienvancutsem@toadworld.com]

Sent: Tuesday, November 05, 2013 9:57 AM

To: toadoracle@toadworld.com

Subject: RE: [Toad for Oracle - Discussion Forum] Toad - Code collections - Team Coding

RE: Toad - Code collections - Team Coding

Reply by sebastien.vancutsem

Hello Stephen,

thanks for your quick reply.

I use Toad 11.5.

For the use of separate repositories, I am not sure to understand. Indeed I use in the same reposiroty, two folders different to manage my code collections.

My repo is : repositories/oracle and in this repo I have two applications A and B. Some of my code/collections point to

repositories/oracle/A/trunk/schema1/View

others point to

repositories/oracle/B/trunk/schema2/View

is it the problem ? what does that mean “It treats SVN directories as projects” ?

Thank you very much for your help.

Sebastien.

To reply, please reply-all to this email.

Stop receiving emails on this subject.

Or
Unsubscribe from Toad for Oracle - General
notifications altogether.

Toad for Oracle - Discussion Forum

Flag
this post as spam/abuse.