Setting sub directory for code collection with Git?

I am trying to set up Team Coding with Git.

Ideally, I would like to place SQL objects (triggers, procedures, tables) different places in the Git repository according to which software product they belong to. E.g. SQL for the “foo” app goes into git_repository/web_apps/foo/sql

I suspect that I could use Code Collections for that - but I can only choose the topmost directory (called “VCS Project” by Toad) in the Code Collection setup. For “Working Directory” it tells me that “[Git Assigns Working Folder]”. Well, it does not.

How can I choose a lower directory?

Hello,

You can set up a sub folder within Git, e.g Foo/Procedures Foo/Triggers etc. You need to add a dummy file to each subfolder and commit changes. I was able to
do fairly easily from GitGui, but you could also do from the command line. Toad will recognize these folders as separate projects.

Code Collections only allow you to link one project/folder to each collection, so can’t use a single code collection with multiple lines to support this structure.
You need to add a single code collection for each sub folder.

We have slated to change this in Toad.next (after Toad 12.5) and have Toad handle the subfolder structure within a single code collection.

Stephen

Sent: Wednesday, April 30, 2014 11:05 AM

To: toadoracle@toadworld.com

Subject: [Toad for Oracle - Discussion Forum] Setting sub directory for code collection with Git?

Setting sub directory for code collection with Git?

Thread created by zbignev

I am trying to set up Team Coding with Git.

Ideally, I would like to place SQL objects (triggers, procedures, tables) different places in the Git repository according to which software product they belong to. E.g. SQL for the “foo” app
goes into git_repository/web_apps/foo/sql

I suspect that I could use Code Collections for that - but I can only choose the topmost directory (called “VCS Project” by Toad) in the Code Collection setup. For “Working Directory” it tells
me that “[Git Assigns Working Folder]”. Well, it does not.

How can I choose a lower directory?

To reply, please reply-all to this email.

Stop receiving emails on this subject.

Or
Unsubscribe from Toad for Oracle - General
notifications altogether.

Toad for Oracle - Discussion Forum

Flag
this post as spam/abuse.

I understand how to set up sub folders. It is just that it seems that I cannot choose them in the Code Collection editor in Toad (Toad for Oracle v. 12.1). It will only let me choose the top level.

You are correct. 12.1 only allows the root folder. I tested this on the current beta, where this has been corrected and the sub folders are available. Apologies
for the mistaken information.

Stephen

Sent: Thursday, May 01, 2014 3:34 AM

Subject: RE: [Toad for Oracle - Discussion Forum] Setting sub directory for code collection with Git?

RE: Setting sub directory for code collection with Git?

Reply by zbignev

I understand how to set up sub folders. It is just that it seems that I cannot choose them in the Code Collection editor in Toad (Toad for Oracle v. 12.1). It will only let me choose the top
level.

Or

Flag
this post as spam/abuse.

Thank you for the answer. I will try the beta version.

Will this be included in the next official release? If so, when is that expected?

Yes, it is included. I am not sure of the precise date of the 12.5 release, but I think it should be in the June to early July timeframe.

Stephen

Sent: Thursday, May 01, 2014 9:06 AM

Subject: RE: [Toad for Oracle - Discussion Forum] Setting sub directory for code collection with Git?

RE: Setting sub directory for code collection with Git?

Reply by zbignev

Thank you for the answer. I will try the beta version.

Will this be included in the next official release? If so, when is that expected?

Or

Flag
this post as spam/abuse.