Toad Data Modeler 4.1.5.8 Silent Install w/ License Key?

We own Toad for Oracle 11.0 R2 Commercial edition and I’m trying to create a silent deployment package.
The instructions provided by Quest (http://toadsoft.com/EditionRNs/ToadForOracle/ToadforOracle_Base_Edition_Installation_Guide.pdf ) are easy to follow and work perfectly EXCEPT Toad Data Modeler will not automatically install the license key. It only installs as a 15 day trial and I’m forced to manually enter the license key and site message information. This is obvisouly not acceptable when when we’re about to perform a mass update of Toad across our environment. ‘Toad for Oracle’ and ‘Toad for Data Analysts’ automatically install the license key/site message as described in the installation guide but TDM only installs as a trial.
When manually activating TDM I’m using the exact same license key/site message info as the other products are using.

I’ve logged a case with Quest but I was hoping someone here may have dealt with this issue already.

Hi,

we will do tests tomorrow, in general if you got TDM with Toad for Oracle, install Toad for Oracle silently, install license key for Toad for Oracle, then install TDM. TDM should recognize Toad for Oracle keys automatically. The only reason why TDM launches as trial might be that the software is unable to find the commercial license.

Regards,

Vaclav

Hi,

we did additional tests today and found no problem. Toad Data Modeler 4.1.5.8 recognized Toad for Oracle DBA Suite key correctly. Can you send me your license key to modeling@quest.com, please? We would like to do tests with your key (your key will be deleted after we finish tests). Or you can send it to your support engineer and he or she will forward it to us.

Thank you.

Vaclav

Message was edited by: vaclav

Hi,

please try to set ProductName to Toad for Oracle and ProductVersion to 10.x in your reg file.

Regards,

Vaclav