Toad World® Forums

TOAD Error: cannot load OCI DLL in TAOD_FOR_ORACLE_FREEWARE12.0.0.61

Hi I got error while connecting to Toad for oracle(12.0.0.61)_freeware: TOAD Error: cannot load OCI DLL: c:\Users\patilpan\Downloads\Softs\instanntclient_12_1\oci.dll, but the file is there in mentioen directory, Please help.

Email does not seem to be working as my reply did not show up - so here is a copy via web - so you may see duplicates:

You need to make sure that your Toad bit-size matches your Oracle home bit-size.

gyk.r.mailjet.com/…/running-toad-for-oracle-in-a-64-bit-environment-updated.aspx

You also need to check that on Toad connection screen that the home points to exactly where you think it is supposed to. If you have multiple homes this too can be an issue.

Finally if using Oracle instant client, then you need to follow the Oracle directions – i.e. add instant client to env PATH and create env var TNS_ADMIN for where your tnsnames.ora file is located.

I have added env PATH as TNS_ADMIN. Also no multiple homes. but still face same issue.

Not sure bit-size match, will tell after confirmation from DBA.

If you’re seeing the home listed on the login window then the bit-ness of the dll and Toad should match. Toad hides homes that are not compatible. I recently ran into OCI.dll errors with instant client and needed to add NLS_LANG environment variable. Try setting
NLS_LANG appropriately and give it another go. If that doesn’t work OCI.dll is dependent on several DLLs. If I recall correctly the VC 2010 redistributable provides some of them. You can search for it here.
http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download

Michael

On 08/02/2013 09:42 AM, PankajUkharde wrote:

RE: TOAD Error: cannot load OCI DLL in TAOD_FOR_ORACLE_FREEWARE12.0.0.61

Reply by PankajUkharde
I have added env PATH as TNS_ADMIN. Also no multiple homes. but still face same issue.

Not sure bit-size match, will tell after confirmation from DBA.

To reply, please reply-all to this email.

Stop receiving emails on this subject.

Or
Unsubscribe from Toad for Oracle - General
notifications altogether.

Toad for Oracle - Discussion Forum

Flag
this post as spam/abuse.

support.quest.com/…/94456

thanks Michael Staszewski. i have resolved. the cause is a VC 2010 redistributable.

i installed VC 2010 redistributable x32 and x64 both and error is eliminated.