Toad for SQL Server 6.7.0.176- Problem with Schema Compare

Good morning

I have this problem since the last version of the software. When I use “Schema Compare” and generated the script I get the following error on execution:

SQL Server Database Error: ‘CREATE/ALTER PROCEDURE’ debe ser la primera instrucción en un lote de consultas.

The first lines of script generated are:

USE [XXXXXXXX]
GO

/*
Script created at 20/06/2016 9:15.
Please back up your database before running this script.

Source server: XXXXXXXXX
Source database: XXXXXXXXX

Target server: XXXXXXXXXX
Target database: XXXXXXXXX
*/

SET NUMERIC_ROUNDABORT, IMPLICIT_TRANSACTIONS OFF
SET ANSI_PADDING, ANSI_NULLS, QUOTED_IDENTIFIER, ANSI_WARNINGS, CONCAT_NULL_YIELDS_NULL, ARITHABORT, XACT_ABORT ON
SET TRANSACTION ISOLATION LEVEL SERIALIZABLE
GO

BEGIN TRANSACTION
GO

SET ANSI_NULLS ON
SET QUOTED_IDENTIFIER ON

ALTER PROCEDURE [dbo].[VI_MENSAJE_SIMPLE_ENV_SEL]
(
– PARAMETROS DEL PROCEDIMIENTO

@idMensaje int = null,

Could you help me? Thanks in advance.

You can temporarily solve this problem by using the following method,

you just need to add a “GO” and excute it again , as follows:

BEGIN TRANSACTION
GO

SET ANSI_NULLS ON
SET QUOTED_IDENTIFIER ON

GO

we will solve this problem in case TSS-1347

I am having the same problem which lead me to this post. Interested in seeing a release for TSS-1347.

Thanks [:)]

I still have the same problem. When will we have a version with this issue solved? Thank you.

Please, we have been waiting a long time. We need a version that solves this bug. We can not continue like this.

Same problem with Triggers.

Please fix this as soon as posible!!!

Regards,

Jaime

I have been able to verify that in the beta this problem is corrected. Can you release a version asap, please?

Thanks!

More than ten months have passed and in all this time you have not released a new version that solves the problem, although in the beta versions is solved.

I now receive an email communication to renew the license. Of course we will not renew the license, we will not pay for software that does not work properly. We are very disappointed with you.

We paid for software that works.

Hello David,

Very sorry you’ve had to wait for the next release to have your Schema Compare issues resolved. As you have ascertained, this is fixed in the 6.8 beta and we expect to GA in early May. We have a number of other important items we have to get done for this release as well and we want to make sure they all go out in this one release.

If you could continue using the beta version for now, we’ll get 6.8 released into production as soon as we can.

Thanks for your patience.

John Pocknell - Product Manager

Thanks for your reply.

What has actually happened is that we paid last year for a license to get software whose most important function for us does not work (schema compare) and that in all this time we have not received any solution.

Now we have to pay the license again to get the update that solves the problem. It does not seem fair to us.

Hi David,

Could you please send me a private email with you company details and I’ll see what I can do.

john.pocknell@quest.com

Thanks,

John