Toad World® Forums

Toad for SQL Server 6.7.0.176 - Schema compare problem

Last official TOAD for SQL Server 6.7 Xpert edition.

I compare 2 DB's. I select to ignore - comment and whitespace - of optons and after execute comparison I select, for example a stored procedure and TOAD 6.7 show me difference in commens.

I attach a screenshot dfor details :

Why this ?

Must I to check oters parameters to tell TOAD to igne comment and White space ?

Can someone tell me more about this strange behaviour ?

Best regards,

Sergio

Hi Sergio,

Thanks for pointing this out.

For now, Schema Compare Script will highlight the differences no matter the option is ignore the comment/space or not.

But compare result and properties will show the object as equal if ignore the comment and space. Is this acceptable for you?

Best Regards,

Kelly

Hi Kelly,

many thank’s for your help and support.

I understand that comment write like this

– AAAA

is not equal to this

/* AAA…

etc,etc,…

but when I set in status column to show only difference, I don’t want see highlighted in yellow color, the comments if I set to ignore comments and spaces.

It’s a logical question.

Comments are comments and not util in sql language

It’s only util to who write the sql script to comments the code.

you wrote :

But compare result and properties will show the object as equal if ignore the comment and space. Is this acceptable for you?

No. I want highlighted in yellow color only real sql code not comments if I check in option to ignore comments and spaces.

TOAD Schema compare can show the code with comments but not highlighted in yellow color.

What’s do you think of my consideration ?

I stay tune for your answer,

Best regards,

Sergio

Hi Sergio,

For now, schema compare only compare text , do not consider the context about the text.

It may do lot change if we show the code with comments but not highlight them.

If we add an option that show the script without comments, only compare script bodies of database objects. Is this acceptable for you?

Best Regards,

Kelly

Hi Kelly,

you wrote:

If we add an option that show the script without comments, only compare script bodies of database objects. Is this acceptable for you?

Yes.

When I compare SQL statements only T-SQL code is important for me , not comments.

Best regards,

Sergio

Hi Sergio,

Thanks, Then I create TSS-1339 for adding an option to remove the comment.

Kelly

Hi Kelly,

many thank’s for the TSS-1339.

I hope to see this new feature available in the new TOAD SS 6.8 beta and official release.

Best regards,

Sergio