Toad Yahoo Beta Group Closed

Dear friends,

The Toad Beta Yahoo Group is now closed. Please participate in beta discussions directly within the Toad 12 Beta release or, once registered with ToadWorld, through emails to toadoraclebeta@beta.toadworld.com.

To participate in Toad use the View > Forums window, or the various features under Help > Toad World.

This Group will remain available as a read-only archive, with this message as the last post for reference.

Thank you for 14 years, 9 months and 15 days of an extraordinary experiment in user-driven software. That is the date Jim first created the main Toad Yahoo Group, which was used for beta posts until this one was created nearly 2 years later.

I hope everyone continues their participation over in our new forums, which will in due time offer more functionality. And please keep your edge, keep us honest, keep it playful when it gets too serious. The development team needs you
as much as ever.

Regards,

Mark Lerch

Toad Development Manager

p.s. For nostalgia’s sake I repost here the first post the Toadman used to open this forum on February 25, 2000:

If you are receiving this message, I havce placed your name in a new TOADBETA

egroups mailing list. I only did so for the TOAD mailing list memebers who had

posted message regarding the beta version in the last few weeks.

If you have email filters set up, all mail from both mailing lists will go to

the same Netscape folder anyway so the result will still be one mail folder.

The only change would be when composing NEW messages you want to direct to one

group or the other. In other words, if you want to get email from all TOAD

mailing lists, just set up your folders and the net effect will be no visible

change to you.

The advantages of this are several. Many list memebers do not use the beta (or

can’t because they are freeware users) and don’t like the volumne of messages.

(2) It helps me because I dont have to followup with “is this the beta” to

messages that dont contain that information. and (3) TOADBETA members can feel

free to deluge this new group with whatever they want because the group will be

small and memebers of this group should know the content isnt going to sheer

product announcements.

I will still continue to announce new versions in all groups. And I will answer

messages about any version in any list; i.e., subscriptions to any/all lists

will be on a voluntary basis only. No one has complained about beta messages so

far in the TOAD list but many people have dropped the list due to the volume.

Is there any other way to view beta forum messages other than through Toad 12 itself? I.e. any way to see these in a browser? Navigating through ToadWorld.com always takes me to ToadforOracle.com with mesages date 2/28/2013 and earlier.

We are about 3 weeks away from launching the brand new Toad World website. Until that time, beta forum can be accessed through Toad 12 and by email, which you
should already be receiving. Sorry for the inconvenience.

From: droeschley_109 [mailto:bounce-droeschley_109@beta.toadworld.com]

Sent: Tuesday, May 07, 2013 1:00 PM

To: toadoraclebeta@beta.toadworld.com

Subject: RE: [Toad for Oracle - Beta Discussion Forum] Toad Yahoo Beta Group Closed

Is there any other way to view beta forum messages other than through Toad 12 itself? I.e. any way to see these in a browser? Navigating through ToadWorld.com
always takes me to ToadforOracle.com with mesages date 2/28/2013 and earlier.

P.S. It’s a nice touch that I can check “Email me replies to this” (check-box below) whether “this” is a reply to a forum post or a question.

I am documenting the new Toad World features, so let me know if there is something specific you’d like to see clarified.

Regards,

Donna

I am not receiving any emails and don’t see any of these going to junk mail or being quarantined. The username here is my ToadforOracle forum username and I have my profile there set to Hide email address. Any suggestions why I might not be receiving emails?

(also, might want to remove this from Toadfororacle community page:

"For the most up-to-date interaction with our developers and users, please join our official Yahoo Group below.:

)

You were unsubscribed from the forum, but I have subscribed you again so that you will receive emails. You will be able to easily control this once the site
goes live.

From: droeschley_109 [mailto:bounce-droeschley_109@beta.toadworld.com]

Sent: Tuesday, May 07, 2013 2:12 PM

To: toadoraclebeta@beta.toadworld.com

Subject: RE: [Toad for Oracle - Beta Discussion Forum] Toad Yahoo Beta Group Closed

I am not receiving any emails and don’t see any of these going to junk mail or being quarantined. The username here is my ToadforOracle forum username and I have
my profile there set to Hide email address. Any suggestions why I might not be receiving emails?

(also, might want to remove this from Toadfororacle community page:

"For the most up-to-date interaction with our developers and users, please join our official Yahoo Group below.:

)

Nevermind. Just got my 1st email indicating .48 release so I assume email is working now thought I didn’t change anything on my end.

Thanks Lars for your assistance. Didn’t see your reply - still getting used to using new forum but emails should definitely help.