Emails from the Toad World Groups - threading?

Evening all,

I’m just back from two weeks in very sunny Sardinia, hiding from the sun with my factor 50 and a welder’s helmet! Anyway, I noticed that the Toad group has been shut down on Yahoo and that we are now fully part of the Toad World family.

I’ve logged in and set up my groups etc, and subscribed to emails for each of my groups - Toad for Oracle, Toad Beta, Oracle and Toad Data Modeller - I’m getting the hang of this IT lark! :wink:

One thing I noticed with the emails, they no longer get threaded in Thunderbird. This is a bit of a bummer for me as I like to keep mu emails threaded so everything is collected together for each “problem” that I keep handy. Is anyone else seeing a distinct lack of threading now or if it just me. I’m on the latest version of Thunderbird which is 17.0.7 and I’m running Linux Mint 13 KDE version.

Another problem, I’ve looked, but cannot find, the email address to send an email to in order to begin a new topic in the forum, is there one, or do I need to login to Toad World to start a new forum topic?

I do like the ability to grab an RSS feed from the forum(s) though - that’s already set up in my feed reader.

Cheers,

Norm. [TeamT]

Welcome back Norm!

I can answer one of your questions. To start new threads just send e-mails to…

Toad: toadoracle@toadworld.com

Toad Beta: toadoraclebeta@toadworld.com

From: Norm [TeamT] [mailto:bounce-NormTeamT@toadworld.com]

Sent: Tuesday, July 09, 2013 3:02 PM

To: toadoracle@toadworld.com

Subject: [Toad for Oracle - Discussion Forum] Emails from the Toad World Groups - threading?

Emails from the Toad World Groups - threading?

Thread created by Norm [TeamT]

Evening all,

I’m just back from two weeks in very sunny Sardinia, hiding from the sun with my factor 50 and a welder’s helmet! Anyway, I noticed that the Toad group has been shut down on Yahoo and that we
are now fully part of the Toad World family.

I’ve logged in and set up my groups etc, and subscribed to emails for each of my groups - Toad for Oracle, Toad Beta, Oracle and Toad Data Modeller - I’m getting the hang of this IT lark! :wink:

One thing I noticed with the emails, they no longer get threaded in Thunderbird. This is a bit of a bummer for me as I like to keep mu emails threaded so everything is collected together for
each “problem” that I keep handy. Is anyone else seeing a distinct lack of threading now or if it just me. I’m on the latest version of Thunderbird which is 17.0.7 and I’m running Linux Mint 13 KDE version.

Another problem, I’ve looked, but cannot find, the email address to send an email to in order to begin a new topic in the forum, is there one, or do I need to login to Toad World to start a
new forum topic?

I do like the ability to grab an RSS feed from the forum(s) though - that’s already set up in my feed reader.

Cheers,

Norm. [TeamT]

To reply, please reply-all to this email.

Stop receiving emails on this subject.

Or
Unsubscribe from Toad for Oracle - General
notifications altogether.

Toad for Oracle - Discussion Forum

Flag
this post as spam/abuse.

Hi Brad,
On 09/07/13 20:19, Brad Boddicker wrote:

Welcome back Norm!
Thanks. It's good to be back. I can start hunting for a new job again now. My last contract just expired at the end of may, after nearly 8 years. Not bad for a two week contract!!!
I can answer one of your questions. To start new threads just send
e-mails to...
Toad: toadoracle@toadworld.com
Toad Beta: toadoraclebeta@toadworld.com
That's brilliant - thanks. Duly noted, tagged and "starred" for future reference.
-- Cheers,
Norm. [TeamT]