Toad World® Forums

Toas latest beta dies when I Just open and close it

Windows 7 x64

Toad beta 13.1.0.32 X64

Just Open then close and it crashes every time.

The latest beta is 13.1.0.35. Try updating and see if that resolves your issue.

I can confirm this happens with 13.1.0.35.

Steps to reproduce:

1. Start Toad

2. When the connection dialog appears, close it without connecting

3. Press the X button in the top right corner of the window to close Toad

4a. Notice Toad is very slow to shut down. On my laptop (2 years old, Intel Core i7 CPU, 32GB RAM, SSD for storage) it takes 15 seconds to shut down. If you wait long enough, Toad closes without an error.

4b. If you’re not very patient, press the X button a second time (or menu File -> Exit). This causes Toad to crash.

I can confirm this happens with 13.1.0.35.

Steps to reproduce:

1. Start Toad

2. When the connection dialog appears, close it without connecting

3. Press the X button in the top right corner of the window to close Toad

4a. Notice Toad is very slow to shut down. On my laptop (2 years old, Intel Core i7 CPU, 32GB RAM, SSD for storage) it takes 15 seconds to shut down. If you wait long enough, Toad closes without an error.

4b. If you’re not very patient, press the X button a second time (or menu File -> Exit). This causes Toad to crash.

I am not able to reproduce this but if you could send us a couple of things we may be able to track this down.

1. Support bundle (under the help menu)

2. Go to Options > General, under “application data directory” click “Open Folder”. Close Toad. In WE, open the “User Files” folder and find “toad.ini”. Open this file and enter DEBUG=1 on the 2nd line under “Settings”. Save and close. Reproduce the issue, close Toad, remove DEBUG=1 from Toad.ini. Find the file “ToadDebug.txt” in that same folder and send it to us.