Unable to export to Excel

I'm using Toad Data Point 3.3. I just upgraded my workstation to Windows 7 from XP. Prior to the upgrade, I was able to export results to Excel with no issues. Since the upgrade it's a no go.

Here is the error i'm getting:

Here is the log file info:

10:23:35 AM Thread (15) Export Started [3/11/2014 10:23:35 AM]
10:23:35 AM Thread (15) Export using connection: E1 PD GL (mrs43757p)
10:23:35 AM Thread (15) Export using connection: E1 PD GL (mrs43757p)
10:23:35 AM Thread (15) Export Wizard: Building object list
10:23:35 AM Thread (15) Exporting Data (1 of 1)
10:23:35 AM Thread (15) Object Table Result Set started.
10:23:36 AM Thread (15) Object Table Result Set finished with error: Retrieving the COM class factory for component with CLSID {00024500-0000-0000-C000-000000000046} failed due to the following error: 80080005 Server execution failed (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80080005 (CO_E_SERVER_EXEC_FAILURE)).
10:23:36 AM Thread (15) at System.Runtime.Remoting.RemotingServices.AllocateUninitializedObject(RuntimeType objectType)
at System.Runtime.Remoting.Activation.ActivationServices.CreateInstance(RuntimeType serverType)
at System.Runtime.Remoting.Activation.ActivationServices.IsCurrentContextOK(RuntimeType serverType, Object props, Boolean bNewObj)
at System.RuntimeTypeHandle.CreateInstance(RuntimeType type, Boolean publicOnly, Boolean noCheck, Boolean& canBeCached, RuntimeMethodHandleInternal& ctor, Boolean& bNeedSecurityCheck)
at System.RuntimeType.CreateInstanceSlow(Boolean publicOnly, Boolean skipCheckThis, Boolean fillCache)
at System.RuntimeType.CreateInstanceDefaultCtor(Boolean publicOnly, Boolean skipVisibilityChecks, Boolean skipCheckThis, Boolean fillCache)
at System.Activator.CreateInstance(Type type, Boolean nonPublic)
at System.RuntimeType.CreateInstanceImpl(BindingFlags bindingAttr, Binder binder, Object args, CultureInfo culture, Object activationAttributes)
at System.Activator.CreateInstance(Type type, BindingFlags bindingAttr, Binder binder, Object args, CultureInfo culture, Object activationAttributes)
at System.Reflection.Assembly.CreateInstance(String typeName, Boolean ignoreCase, BindingFlags bindingAttr, Binder binder, Object args, CultureInfo culture, Object activationAttributes)
at Quest.Toad.ImportExport.Writers.WriterExcelInstance.InitializeExcelApp()
at Quest.Toad.ImportExport.Writers.WriterExcelInstance.InitializeExcelPIA()
at Quest.Toad.ImportExport.Writers.WriterExcelInstance.WriteHeader(Object tableObject)
at Quest.Toad.ImportExport.ExportObjectData.StartTableWrite(Object context)
at Quest.Toad.ImportExport.ExportObjectData.Begin(LogEventHandler logEventHandler, Dictionary`2 connections, Object context)
10:24:07 AM Thread (15) Export Finished [3/11/2014 10:24:07 AM]

Any idea on how to get this functionality back?

Thanks,

Mike Smith

Please check your DCOM settings per this link http://www.codeproject.com/Questions/134963/COM-Exception

1. Run dcomcnfg open Component Services
  2. Expand Component Services “->” Computer “->” My Computer “->” the DCOM configuration "
  3. Find the “Microsoft Excel application.”
  4. Right to open the Properties dialog box
  5. Click on the “Security” tab,
  6. "Launch and Activation Permissions, configure permissions, have opted for a custom
  7. Their editing and then click the considered app added to it, and added all the permissions …

if it does not help, please run toad with the following command line

toad.exe --excelverbose=1

Open output pane by going to views | output, try export again to reproduce the issue. Output pane should contain the export log, Right click “Text output” and paste the log for us to investigate.

Thanks!