Can't install and run new versions of Toad

After the installer completes and Toad tries to start, I get the following error message:

System.DllNotFoundException

Unable to load DLL ‘ToadPro.dll’: The specified module could not be found. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8007007E)

Stack Trace:

at Quest.Toad.Map.MapValidation.OOO0O0O00OOO00O0IlllIIlllIIlIll(String encrypted_key, String customer_name, UInt32 product_number, UInt32* product_version, StringBuilder msg, Int32 msg_len, Int32* d)

at Quest.Toad.Map.MapValidation.ValidLicense(String licnum, String sitemsg, String& Message, UInt32& curproductid, UInt32& licenseVer)

at Quest.Toad.Map.MapValidation.CheckLegacyKey()

at Quest.Toad.Map.MapValidation.CheckCurrentLegacyKey()

at Quest.Toad.Map.MapValidation.ValidateLegacyKeys()

at Quest.Toad.Map.MapValidation.loadAndValidateLegacyKeys()

at Quest.Toad.Map.MapValidation.SetCurrentToadOption()

at Quest.Toad.Map.MapValidation.SetOptionsAndCheckIdentity()

at Quest.Toad.Map.MapValidation.Initialize()

at Quest.Toad.Map.MapValidation.get_InstalledPlatforms()

at Quest.Toad.Map.MapValidation.get_InstalledPlatformTypes()

at Quest.Toad.Util.Global.get_MutexAppCode()

at Quest.Toad.StartupForm.MainAppicationEntryPoint(String[] args)

at Quest.Toad.ToadProcessEntryPoint.Main(String[] args)

I have completely removed everything Toad related including Program Files, AppData (Local and Roaming), ProgramData and Registry entries. I have cleared out all Temp directories and done a clean install and I still get the above error.

I look in the the install directory and there is no ToadPro.dll. So for now, I have reinstalled 3.3 and it works and ToadPro.dll is in the install directory.

Not sure what to do next.

Thanks…

Are you using Win 10 32-bit with a really old TDA license key? The latest version of TDP binds with newer version of .net and that is an old C++ licensing dll that is not happy about the change.

To keep you going can you enter this trial key? Then can you open support case and ask Quest to generate you a new license key? this should have been upgraded to the newer kind of key.

License Key: D68TS5JRVHX2LL8AVHYZ7NCMRAD1ML7CF3PK2-123-456-789-50

SiteMessage: Trial Version