Undo Check-out does not restore version from VCS

I have been testing Toad 12.8.0.49 and TFS 2015.

If I check-out an object, make changes to the source, and compile (F9) the object, I have found that if I undo check-out, that the object source is not retrieved from the VCS and restored to the database.

This leads to the database and VCS being out of sync.

This appears to be another huge bug with Toads Team Coding.

Can I configure Toad to enforce a get latest and compile after undo check-out?

This is correct, and I believe the reason for that was because of performance issues between certain version control providers.

I don’t believe there’s a way to force a reversion of the database source when you select the “Undo checkout” option. However, if you have the “Prompt user” option selected for the “When differences in source versions exist” option, it will notify the user that the versions are different and allow the user to select which version (s)he wants to work with. Alternatively, if you select the “Open VCS version”, Toad will automatically update the database version to match the VCS version if they’re different when the user attempts to check out an object.

-John

From: jeff32768 [mailto:bounce-jeffreyblankenbiller2013@toadworld.com]

Sent: Monday, December 28, 2015 4:02 PM

To: toadoracle@toadworld.com

Subject: [Toad for Oracle - Discussion Forum] Undo Check-out does not restore version from VCS

Undo Check-out does not restore version from VCS

Thread created by jeff32768

I have been testing Toad 12.8.0.49 and TFS 2015.

If I check-out an object, make changes to the source, and compile (F9) the object, I have found that if I undo check-out, that the object source is not retrieved from the VCS and restored to the database.

This leads to the database and VCS being out of sync.

This appears to be another huge bug with Toads Team Coding.

Can I configure Toad to enforce a get latest and compile after undo check-out?

To reply, please reply-all to this email.

Stop receiving emails on this subject.

Or
Unsubscribe from Toad for Oracle - General
notifications altogether.

Toad for Oracle - Discussion Forum

Flag
this post as spam/abuse.