Toad 12.9 Team Coding with PVCS - Undo Checkout leaves object locked in PVCS

First time post to Toad World. We are migrating from Oracle 11g to 12c, including Toad to 12.9. We migrated Team Coding, and find that if you Undo Checkout, the object remains locked in PVCS (8.5.3.0). Toad shows the object is available, but cannot check it out because it is locked. We have to login to the PVCS Manager and unlock the object. Checking in the object removes the lock successfully.

I see another post that the object is not reverted back to its original state and recompiled like it used to do, and that this might have been done intentionally. If it is a performance issue, it would still be nice to have that as an option. We would prefer to revert the object. For the most part, we like the new version.

Thank you for your help.

Hey Gary,

I’ve been trying to reproduce the issue you’re describing in-house with our test server using Toad 12.9, but I’m not able to reproduce it. I upgraded our in-house PVCS test server to 8.5.3 (it was on 8.5.0) to make sure I was using the exact same version of PVCS as you. However, in all my tests, performing an Undo Checkout also unlocked the object within my PVCS Version Manager locally here. I did notice, however, that while PVCS Version manager refreshed itself after Toad performed a check-out, it did not automatically refresh itself after Toad performed an undo checkout. I had to manually press Ctrl+R to refresh the user interface.

Can you send me the output from your VCS Command Log and VCS Debug Log offline? That may help me be able to track down what may be happening on your machine.

Thanks!

-John

From: garyprivette [mailto:bounce-garyprivette@toadworld.com]

Sent: Friday, September 02, 2016 4:21 PM

To: toadoracle@toadworld.com

Subject: [Toad for Oracle - Discussion Forum] Toad 12.9 Team Coding with PVCS - Undo Checkout leaves object locked in PVCS

Toad 12.9 Team Coding with PVCS - Undo Checkout leaves object locked in PVCS

Thread created by garyprivette

First time post to Toad World. We are migrating from Oracle 11g to 12c, including Toad to 12.9. We migrated Team Coding, and find that if you Undo Checkout, the object remains locked in PVCS (8.5.3.0). Toad shows the object is available, but cannot check it out because it is locked. We have to login to the PVCS Manager and unlock the object. Checking in the object removes the lock successfully.

I see another post that the object is not reverted back to its original state and recompiled like it used to do, and that this might have been done intentionally. If it is a performance issue, it would still be nice to have that as an option. We would prefer to revert the object. For the most part, we like the new version.

Thank you for your help.

To reply, please reply-all to this email.

Stop receiving emails on this subject.

Or
Unsubscribe from Toad for Oracle Forum
notifications altogether.

Toad for Oracle - Discussion Forum

Flag
this post as spam/abuse.

This behaviour should be fixed since 12.8 as u can see in "KB176669 - Database version of object is not overwritten with VCS vesion after undo checkout" but it is NOT. We also would prefer a correct revert of the object within undoCheckout. Maybe it is possible to check teh Defect ID 118522 again and solve the problem.

Best regards

I see the issue you’re raising here with reverting the database object. When we fixed the previous issue (CR 118522), the main focus was on updating the code in the editor to reflect the last good database state. There really should be an option to revert the database code itself as well.

I’ll see if I can get that implemented early in the upcoming beta cycle. I’ll let you know when I have it implemented.

Thanks for raising this issue!

-John

You should see this option in tomorrow’s beta within the “Team Settings” page of the Team Coding Configuration window. When checked, it will revert the database source to the latest revision from the VCS. When unchecked, it will simply revert the editor’s source to the latest version within the VCS.

Please feel free to let us know if you run into any issues.

Thanks,

-John

Thank you,

I will test the option asap. Can you set the idea for this in Idea Pond to the correct Status? www.toadworld.com/…/add_configuration_option_for_behaviour_of_undocheckout

Best regards

Dennis Reddin