Upgrade from 12.7 to 12.8 Now Automation Apps are gone in both.

I installed Toad for Oracle 12.8 on my machine concurrently with 12.7. Now all of my automation apps are missing from both versions. I hope someone can help me recover them quickly.

This is very odd. The upgrade logic makes a copy of your user files from a previous version to be used with your new version. In no way should an upgrade have affected your 12.7 actions. If you uninstalled 12.7 at any point, then a backup of your 12.7 user files should have been made. This can be found in your app data dir. The best way to find this is to go to options > General and click “open folder” under your application data directory string. Once there, navigate up one folder level and look for 12.7_bak (or something similar). Your actions are stored in \user files\ToadActions.dat and logs are ToadActions.og. You can also search your machine for these files and see what you come up with.

From: brian.badge [mailto:bounce-brianbadge@toadworld.com]

Sent: Wednesday, January 27, 2016 3:15 PM

To: toadoracle@toadworld.com

Subject: [Toad for Oracle - Discussion Forum] Upgrade from 12.7 to 12.8 Now Automation Apps are gone in both.

Upgrade from 12.7 to 12.8 Now Automation Apps are gone in both.

Thread created by brian.badge

I installed Toad for Oracle 12.8 on my machine concurrently with 12.7. Now all of my automation apps are missing from both versions. I hope someone can help me recover them quickly.

To reply, please reply-all to this email.

Stop receiving emails on this subject.

Or
Unsubscribe from Toad for Oracle - General
notifications altogether.

Toad for Oracle - Discussion Forum

Flag
this post as spam/abuse.

I found a backup version of ToadActions.dat. I am not clear as to if that was created by the install or a backup I created a while back, but I have recovered usable versions of my automation. Thank you for the help.

I’m happy to hear this!

It’s a good practice to back up your entire user files every once and a while. It’s very easy, just go to Utilities > Copy user files… and do an export. This will make a zip file that is ready for import if you ever need it.

From: brian.badge [mailto:bounce-brianbadge@toadworld.com]

Sent: Thursday, January 28, 2016 8:08 AM

To: toadoracle@toadworld.com

Subject: RE: [Toad for Oracle - Discussion Forum] Upgrade from 12.7 to 12.8 Now Automation Apps are gone in both.

RE: Upgrade from 12.7 to 12.8 Now Automation Apps are gone in both.

Reply by brian.badge

I found a backup version of ToadActions.dat. I am not clear as to if that was created by the install or a backup I created a while back, but I have recovered usable versions of my automation. Thank you for the help.

To reply, please reply-all to this email.

Stop receiving emails on this subject.

Or
Unsubscribe from Toad for Oracle - General
notifications altogether.

Toad for Oracle - Discussion Forum

Flag
this post as spam/abuse.