upgrade SQLNav from 6.2 to 6.7

Today I re-installed SQL Navigator on my computer. When I go to update it to version 6.7, I get the Problem: “Unable to access SQL Navigator Check for Updates file.” and the solution: “Make sure that the file C:\Documents and Settings\lance\Application Data\Quest Software\SQL Navigator 6.2.1\CFU\Nav_CFU.ini is valid.” Anyone know what I might be doing wrong? Thanks for any assistance.

lbranson

Hi lbranson,

Thank you for your post.

The check for update Nav_CFU.ini used to hosts on the (old) Community server location, it has been moved and hosted on the new server now, our apology for the forward link does not work at the moment.

You can go directly to our Support Link product download site:

support.quest.com/…/SearchDownloads.aspx|101|-1|,Nea:True,N:268435514&Dt=SQL%20Navigator%20for%20Oracle

I will ask our Community Server team to fix the forwarding issue.

Thanks and regards,

Bruce

Bruce,

Thank-you for responding to my question, but I’m afraid I’m still not there. If I go to the link that is highlighted below (support.quest.com/…/SearchDownloads.aspx), I don’t see any options for SQLNavigator upgrades (the product options are Foglight and NetVault). If I use the complete link below

(support.quest.com/…/SearchDownloads.aspx|101|-1|,Nea:True,N:268435514&Dt=SQL%20Navigator%20for%20Oracle), I get the message “the page cannot be found”.

Do you have any other suggestions? Thanks for your assistance.

Lance Branson

Systems Analyst

NW Research Labs

University of Washington

From: bruceduong [mailto:bounce-bruceduong@toadworld.com]
Sent: Friday, June 21, 2013 12:41 AM
To: sqlnav@toadworld.com
Subject: RE: [SQL Navigator - Discussion Forum] upgrade SQLNav from 6.2 to 6.7

RE: upgrade SQLNav from 6.2 to 6.7

Reply by bruceduong

Hi lbranson,

Thank you for your post.

The check for update Nav_CFU.ini used to hosts on the (old) Community server location, it has been moved and hosted on the new server now, our apology for the forward link does not work at the moment.

support.quest.com/…/SearchDownloads.aspx|101|-1|,Nea:True,N:268435514&Dt=SQL%20Navigator%20for%20Oracle

Thanks and regards,

Bruce

To reply, please reply-all to this email.

Stop receiving emails on this subject.
Or Unsubscribe from General notifications altogether.
SQL Navigator - Discussion Forum

Flag this post as spam/abuse.

Hi Lancne,

Sorry I did not realized the link in my post is not complete.

Could you please try again with this url:

support.quest.com/searchdownloads.aspx

Please let me know how you go, if you still have issue, I will ask our Support team to assist you to get access to the installer.

Thanks and regards,

Bruce

Bruce,

Thanks again for your help, but at this point I’v about given up on trying to do the upgrade. I just spent 45 minutes trying to convince Dell that we are a legitimate owner of SQL Navigator. We’ve paid for 2 seats each year for the past years, but here the gist of the last of 4 emails from quest.com:

We’re sorry but we cannot process your download request at this time.

Our records do not show a valid Support Maintenance contract for SQL Navigator for Oracle.

If you would like to evaluate our products, please visit our trial download page at <http://www.quest.com/downloads> where you can determine which solution best fits your needs. For purchase information, contact your local sales representative at <http://www.quest.com/company/contact-us.aspx>.

If you believe you have received this in error, please contact a Support Administrator at supportadmin@quest.com. For local hours of operation and contact numbers view <https://support.quest.com/ContactSupport.aspx>.

Best Regards,

Dell Software

<www.quest.com/support>

Final thought – we pay for SQLNav and we want to do their upgrade, but they will not give us the 6.7 upgrade unless we jump through a bunch of hoops (apparent Message: We are Dell, we own Quest, You need to prove to us that you are a Quest customer or we will not support you.) Is there a way you can just send me the upgrade?

Lance Branson

Systems Analyst

NW Research Labs

University of Washington

206-685-3338 phone

206-685-3279 fax

Sent: Sunday, June 23, 2013 8:07 PM

Reply by bruceduong

Hi Lancne,

Sorry I did not realized the link in my post is not complete.

Could you please try again with this url:

support.quest.com/searchdownloads.aspx

Please let me know how you go, if you still have issue, I will ask our Support team to assist you to get access to the installer.

Thanks and regards,

Bruce

Hi Lance,

The redirecting should be working correctly now. Could you please try again with the Check for Update in SQL Navigator.

Thanks and regards,

Bruce

Bruce,

The download is working after I gave Dell/Quest our current SQLNav license information. Thanks for your patience and assistance. On the SQL Navigator Community Forum, I did not see where I would call my question “Answered” and close the thread. Can you take care of that?

Lance

Sent: Friday, June 21, 2013 10:36 AM

Reply by lbranson

Bruce,

Thank-you for responding to my question, but I’m afraid I’m still not there. If I go to the link that is highlighted below (support.quest.com/…/SearchDownloads.aspx), I don’t see any options for SQLNavigator upgrades (the product options are Foglight and NetVault). If I use the complete link below

(support.quest.com/…/SearchDownloads.aspx|101|-1|,Nea:True,N:268435514&Dt=SQL%20Navigator%20for%20Oracle), I get the message “the page cannot be found”.

Do you have any other suggestions? Thanks for your assistance.

Lance Branson

Systems Analyst

NW Research Labs

University of Washington

Click to show quoted text

Sent: Friday, June 21, 2013 12:41 AM

Reply by bruceduong

Hi lbranson,

Thank you for your post.

Thanks and regards,

Bruce