Upgrade to TOAD 5.4.6.12

Hi I have found a bug that while not serious enough to stop me from being able to to use the product is really annoying. This has only started happening since I upgraded.

I am using windows 8.1, whenever I lock my screen and then come back and unlock it I get this error, highly annoying.

I click OK and the error message goes away and all appears normal however,sometimes it crashes completely and kicks me out later on…to bad if I haven’t saved…

It only occurs if TOAD data modeller application is the active window when the machine is locked.

Anybody seen this or have any ideas how to avoid it, apart from never locking your screen of course.

thanks.

EurekaLog 6.0.14

Application:

1.1 Start Date : Wed, 24 Jun 2015 14:11:55 +1000
1.2 Name/Description: TDM.exe - (Toad Data Modeler)
1.3 Version Number : 5.4.6.12
1.4 Parameters :
1.5 Compilation Date: Tue, 21 Apr 2015 18:23:17 +1000
1.6 Up Time : 9 minutes, 39 seconds

Exception:

2.1 Date : Wed, 24 Jun 2015 14:21:34 +1000
2.2 Address : 00419085
2.3 Module Name : TDM.exe - (Toad Data Modeler)
2.4 Module Version: 5.4.6.12
2.5 Type : EOSError
2.6 Message : System Error. Code:_5.
Access is denied.
2.7 ID : ED33
2.8 Count : 1
2.9 Status : New
2.10 Note :

User:

3.1 ID : xxxxxxxxx
3.2 Name : admin
3.3 Email :
3.4 Company :
3.5 Privileges: SeShutdownPrivilege - OFF
SeChangeNotifyPrivilege - ON
SeUndockPrivilege - OFF
SeIncreaseWorkingSetPrivilege - OFF
SeTimeZonePrivilege - OFF

Active Controls:

4.1 Form Class :
4.2 Form Text :
4.3 Control Class: TPERDesigner2.UnicodeClass
4.4 Control Text :

Computer:

5.1 Name : xxxxxxxxxx
5.2 Total Memory : 12245 Mb
5.3 Free Memory : 7925 Mb
5.4 Total Disk : 223.23 Gb
5.5 Free Disk : 114.61 Gb
5.6 System Up Time: 1 day, 20 hours, 31 minutes, 5 seconds
5.7 Processor : Intel® Core™ i7-2600 CPU @ 3.40GHz
5.8 Display Mode : 2560 x 1440, 32 bit
5.9 Display DPI : 96
5.10 Video Card : NVIDIA GeForce GT 730 (driver 9.18.13.4788)
5.11 Printer : KONICA MINOLTA 554eSeriesPCL (driver 1.0)

Operating System:

6.1 Type : Microsoft Windows Vista (64 bit)
6.2 Build # : 9200
6.3 Update :
6.4 Language: English
6.5 Charset : 0

Hello Dominic,

We will look into this. Could you send us the entire Eureka log? You can attach it to your message, it should be located in C*:\Users\USER_NAME\AppData\Roaming\Dell\Toad Data Modeler* (.elf file extension)*. *If you cannot find it there, try to reproduce the error and look again.

Thank you!

Regards,

Lukas

Ok I will, I’ll need to look through it though and make sure I remove company specific stuff.

I will get back to you shortly.

Thanks,

Dom

From: Lukas Knapek [mailto:bounce-LukasKnapek@toadworld.com]
Sent: Wednesday, 24 June 2015 4:31 PM
To: tdm@toadworld.com
Subject: RE: [Toad Data Modeler - Discussion Forum] Upgrade to TOAD 5.4.6.12

RE: Upgrade to TOAD 5.4.6.12

Reply by Lukas Knapek

Hello Dominic,

We will look into this. Could you send us the entire Eureka log? You can attach it to your message, it should be located in C*:\Users\USER_NAME\AppData\Roaming\Dell\Toad Data Modeler* (.elf file extension)*. *If you cannot find it there, try to reproduce the error and look again.

Thank you!

Regards,

Lukas

To reply, please reply-all to this email.

Stop receiving emails on this subject.
Or Unsubscribe from Toad Data Modeler - General notifications altogether.
Toad Data Modeler - Discussion Forum

Flag this post as spam/abuse.

Sorry in the meantime I need to roll back to the previous version…this version is unuseable for me. Can anyone give me a link to the previous version, or is there a rollback option in the installer? thanks Dom

Also Lukas I would rather not post the log in the forum. Could you let me know your email address and I will mail the details. thank you Dom.

Hello again Dominic.

You can send the log to my email (Lukas.Knapek@quest.com) and we’ll see what we can do.

Older versions of TDM can be downloaded from here. If I understand correctly, you have not encountered the error in TDM 5.3?

Regards,

Lukas

No the error is in 5.4, the latest version. I have had to roll back. I will send you the log shortly.

Thankyou,

Dominic

Sent: Tuesday, 30 June 2015 4:30 PM

Reply by Lukas Knapek

Hello again Dominic.

You can send the log to my email (Lukas.Knapek@quest.com) and we’ll see what we can do.

Older versions of TDM can be downloaded from here. If I understand correctly, you have not encountered the error in TDM 5.3?

Regards,

Lukas

Hello again Dominic,

We have managed to find the cause of the issue. The problem only occurs when your entities on workspace are too small to display all of the attributes (in TDM 5.4 such entities are marked with an indicator). A CR TDM-1457 has been created to address this issue. Until then, the workaround is to resize entities so all their attributes can be displayed (the fastest way to do this is to right-click an entity and choose Recalculate Size). We apologize for any inconvenience.

HiddenAttributes.png

Regards,

Lukas

Great, I’ll try that sorry I didn’t get round to sending you the error…

Cheers,

Dominic

Sent: Wednesday, 8 July 2015 11:01 PM

Reply by Lukas Knapek

Hello again Dominic,

We’ve managed to find the cause of the issue. It only occurs when your entities on workspace are small and all of their attributes are not displayed (in TDM 5.4 such entities are marked with an indicator). A CR TDM-1457 has been created to address this issue. Until it is fixed, the workaround is to resize entities so all their attributes can be displayed (fastest way to do this is to right-click an entity and choose Recalculate Size option). We apologize for any inconvenience.

Regards,

Lukas

Hi Lukas,

Do you know when this fix CR TDM-1457 will be implemented? I already rolled back to the previous version already, I have a fair few entities and dunno whether it’s worth doing it.

Thanks,

Dominic

Sent: Wednesday, 8 July 2015 11:01 PM

Reply by Lukas Knapek

Hello again Dominic,

We’ve managed to find the cause of the issue. It only occurs when your entities on workspace are small and all of their attributes are not displayed (in TDM 5.4 such entities are marked with an indicator). A CR TDM-1457 has been created to address this issue. Until it is fixed, the workaround is to resize entities so all their attributes can be displayed (fastest way to do this is to right-click an entity and choose Recalculate Size option). We apologize for any inconvenience.

Regards,

Lukas

Hello Dominic,

First, the CR is TDM-1478 and not TDM-1457, I apologize for giving you wrong number.

The implementation date for the fix hasn’t been set, yet, but it will be probably implemented in the next full version of TDM. In the meantime, you can select all objects on workspace (CTRL+A), right-click, and choose Recalculate Size. The size fill be recalculated where applicable, which should “fix” your model in one step.

Regards,

Lukas