Using variables in Run Program arguments

Is it at all possible to use variables in the arguments field of a run program activity?

I have tried a variety of combinations to get it to work and the variable appears to be setting correctly but the prorgram does not appear to be recognising the value of it.

I start by initialising it as 0 to register as a number, I then set this to a defined number (in my attached example that is 30) but nothing, any thoughts?

Regards
Glenn

I’m having the same issue. We have a batch file that runs after the data is output and it requires the file name, which contains today’s date. I’m trying to include that in the arguments but it’s not working. Any possible solution for this?

Please try to enclose variable name with double quotes in the arguments property of the Run Program activity, i.e. instead of

#SomeArgument#

submit

#SomeArgument#”

Thanks,

Igor.

It didn’t work; I get this:

*Automation Logging 4/12/2011 9:46:45 AM Variable “RUNDATE” set to “Date(‘yyyy-MM-dd’)”
Automation Logging 4/12/2011 9:46:45 AM Variable value = 2011-04-12
Automation Logging 4/12/2011 9:46:46 AM Start run program Run_1
Automation Logging 4/12/2011 9:46:49 AM Run_1 Out Message 1: C:\Program Files\Quest Software\Toad for Data Analysts 2.6>copy /v /z /y "#RUNDATE#"
*I had to omit the information that it’s actually copying but the last line should read C:\Program Files\Quest Software\Toad for Data Analysts 2.6>copy /v /z /y 2011-04-12 I think, even if it’s not going to perform its intended purpose.

Oh! I was using version 2.6… I tried this on another machine that has 2.7 and it worked beautifully! Time to upgrade my box…

That was exactly we were going to suggest.

Igor.