Weird problem in MySQL Query

Hi all,

I’m getting a weird result when running this simple query in MySQL Connection (direct).

SELECT
DATE FECHA,
RIGHT(ID, 1) ID_LAST
FROM
SECTOR_ID

This query returns “(Excluded)” for all the rows of the field “ID_LAST”. This wasn’t happening before in earlier versions of TDA. Is this a normal behavior in TDA 2.7?

Thanks in advance for your help

Hello, are you by any chance using MySQL 4.1. There is a bug in the MySQL provider when connected to MySQL 4.1 where it will sometimes treat columns as binary when in all actuality they are varchars. An easy workaround is to set up your connection to use either SSL, SSH or any of the tunneling protocols.

/Henrik

No, I’m using MySQL 5.1.37. I’ll try connecting using tunnelling (SSH, SSL), but I’ll like to avoid that due to encriptation impact on performance.

I’ll let you know later…

Hello again!

Henrik, for any unknown reason, I’m not able to setup an SSH connection. I’m sorry.

Is there any other way that I can workaround this? As I said, I’m using MySQL 5.1.37 native direct connection and when using RIGHT function in a query the result displays “(Excluded)” in the field having the RIGHT function.

Hope you guys can help me out!

Best regards,
Oscar

Any help?

Hellooo!! Anybody there??.. I’m still having this problem and don’t know how to workaround this.

Can anybody please help me?

Hi, I asked about this issue. And unfortunately none of us have any ideas on a work around for this. Sorry.

Debbie

I have investigated this problem further and have figured out a fix for it. It does require a new build though so it will not be available until the beta program starts for the next release.

This is part of CR80,579.

Great news, Mauritz!!

I’m glad you figured out what the problem was… I often use this kind of functions in MySQL, and I was forced to go back to TDA v2.6 since I wasn’t able to run this particular queries in TDA v2.7.

Thanks for consider my request!!!

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!!!

Oscar.

Excellent, Debbie :slight_smile:

Just have to wait for the next update/upgrade!!! Hope it will be out soon… I can’t wait to move forward again to TDA v2.7 (or perhaps a newer version, jejeje!!!).

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year :wink:

Oscar