Toad World® Forums

Where is the viewer?

I had read or heard there was a TDM viewer, so people without the product could still interact with a model but not make changes. Does it exist and where can it be downloaded from?

Hello,

In the past, there was a freeware version of TDM, which is not available any more.

TDM Viewer is planned - CR # 55 228.

Temporary solution is to use the TDM trial version.
Thanks.

Regards,

Vladka

Yea, I think it’s probably time for a viewer. Disable the RE, the DDL, but NOT the printing. The whole point of sharing the TXP file may be to give it to someone with a plotter available.

I wish I had a viewer right now so I could share a model design without the other party screwing it up or having to figure out TOAD works.

It is not an easy application to use.

Hello,

Thanks for your opinion.
Yes, print functionality in freeware version is limited (as well as saving a model). - It is possible to print/save a model with max. 25 entities.
I’ve created a new CR for your request. CR 75 243.

Other info:
Toad Data Modeler 3.5.10 Freeware is available.
Please read the information at:
http://modeling.inside.quest.com/thread.jspa?messageID=99694

Please follow the links there to learn details on the freeware limitations.
Thanks.

Regards,

Vladka

Thanks for the info.

The model I want to share has 155 entities. I’ve been working hard to re-organize it and need to share it with both a colleague and the customer.

I agree that saving the model doesn’t cripple it too much, but printing it certainly does as the graphical versions don’t scale well to different printer outputs.

Hello,

Yes, we fully understand.
We will discuss it with our product manager.
Thanks for your patience.

Regards,

Vladka

Hello,

Workaround for you:
Print your entire model to PDF and then send the PDF file to your colleague to print it for you on the printer.

This might help.

Regards,

Vladka