Licence for read-only/viewer mode?

Hello,

I would like to know if there are any licences for read-only/viewer mode for data models for TDM. In our company we have the case that one or two analysts are editing the data model and the developers just need to see it and not edit it. Thus, we would need several copies of TDM, but most of them only for viewing and not editing.
If this can not be solved with licencing, do you have any other option/suggestion better than exporting the data model as an image?

One more question; in case we share a project file on a network share for two analysts to be able to edit the same data model, are there any mechanisms to prevent/alert the simultaneous use of the same project files? We want to prevent the two analysts to edit the same model simultaneously.
I know there is the possibility to use Git, but in this case, the analysts would edit their local copies without knowing if the other analyst is editing his own copy at the same time.

Thank you!

Greetings,
Janez

Hello Janez,
there is no read-only or viewer license but you can use the trial for this purpose. When the trail key expires TDM will switch to the freeware mode.

Regards,
David

Thank you David, I didn't know there is also a "freeware" mode. Are the limitations/features of this mode describer anywhere?

Also, I would like you to shed some light also on this question please:

One more question; in case we share a project file on a network share for two analysts to be able to edit the same data model, are there any mechanisms to prevent/alert the simultaneous use of the same project files? We want to prevent the two analysts to edit the same model simultaneously.
I know there is the possibility to use Git, but in this case, the analysts would edit their local copies without knowing if the other analyst is editing his own copy at the same time.

Thank you :slight_smile:

Janez

Hi janez,
limitation of freeware mode is described in help.

Daril

Thank you!

Could anyone please answer my question about collaboration??? This is the only issue I have to clarify/solve to be able to decide to purchase the licences for TDM!

Greetings,
Janez

Hi Janez,
TDM doesn't has some internal mechanismus for alert when two users edit same model. I think that you can use svn with combination with locking. So before edit file each user need to lock his file.
Daril

Meanwhile I discovered Git's LFS funcionality - this implements binary//large file locking among users.

Is there any chance you could integrate these locking commands in the Git support that you already have? There is not much to it, just the:

• lock
  • unclok
  • lock status/list

commands.

Thanks,
Janez