Wich programs call a procedure of a package ?

Hi

Is there a ways to find out the dependencies from a procedure within a package ?

Sometime I’ve to add a parameter in a function/procedure. Doing this, I need to change all calling procedures, and the one that calls them, …

If it’s a “stand alone” function/procedure I find the information in the dependencies, but when they are in a package, this is not possible. I do this with the search function, but I’m nearly sure there is a better way (something like a family tree)

Regards

Martin

Hi Martin,

In Code Explorer, there will be nodes called “References to XXXX”. You will find locations of all references to the procedure or function under such a node. Does this help in your case?

Thanks,

Vincent

Hey Martin,

I think the feature you’re looking for is called “Code Road Map” and it’s in both SQL Navigator and Toad for Oracle. Here’s a link to the online documentation for SQL Navigator.

Give that a go & let us know how you find it.

Cheers, :^)

Alfred.

Hi

@Vincent : the References to ... work only inside of the package and it shows the line number, not the calling procedures :

@Alfred : Tried this solution, but it's not readable and it doesn't show all the calling procedures. I collapsed the packages, otherwise it looked like an unreadable spider web :wink: I don't see one of the main calling packages

With a search I can find each level individually (in red the missing calling package in road map) :

search proc.png

But after this search I've to do 5 searches on the 5 results I found, and so on.

Regards

Martin

Hi again

Something like this. Each arrow meas "is called by proc/func" :

Regards

Martin