Will there ever be a TOAD for the Postgres Platform ?

We are looking into developing some our less critical databases using Postgres Advanced in place of Oracle. But there really aren’t many dba utilities around to support it yet. Does Dell Plan on expanding the number of different Platforms that TOAD, especially from a dba perspective, will support ? If so, which ones, and are they tentatively scheduled to be released.?

Hi Rich,

Toad Data Point has support for Postgres as does Toad Extension for Eclipse. You might find what you are looking for there. If not, feel free to drop me an E-Mail and I’ll pass along the feedback to appropriate product person.

Thanks!

Kevin

Kevin,

TOAD Data Point is great for accessing a Postgres database, but not for supporting one. I need more robust dba capabilities, to control access, create objects,
create users, etc.

We read about postgres advanced databases are about 80 % the capability of the Oracle databases. We wanted to do evaluations of same, but can’t do it if we
don’t have any tools to support it, like we do with Oracle.

Rich Stucke DBA

Meridian Enterprises

richs@meridinet.com

314-592-3199 office

314-520-8007 cell

"The essence of knowledge is how to apply it."

From: Kevin Stern [mailto:bounce-KevinStern@toadworld.com]

Sent: Monday, March 02, 2015 1:41 PM

To: toadoracle@toadworld.com

Subject: RE: [Toad for Oracle - Discussion Forum] Will there ever be a TOAD for the Postgres Platform ?

RE: Will there ever be a TOAD for the Postgres Platform ?

Reply by Kevin Stern

Hi Rich,

Toad Data Point has support for Postgres as does Toad Extension for Eclipse. You might find what you are looking for there. If not, feel free to drop me an E-Mail and I’ll pass along the feedback
to appropriate product person.

Thanks!

Kevin

To reply, please reply-all to this email.

Stop receiving emails on this subject.

Or
Unsubscribe from Toad for Oracle - General
notifications altogether.

Toad for Oracle - Discussion Forum

Flag
this post as spam/abuse.