Wrong SQL executed in split pane editor

I have two SQL statements in my editor - one runs really quickly and the other is one I’m trying to tune. I split my editor to work with these, and have the focus on the right side where the fast SQL is (it selects 1 field from 1 table with a simple where clause based on one field). The left hand side had the cursor on the slow SQL. I hit F9 to run the SQL and it was taking a really long time so I pressed Ctrl-E to see what was going on and realized that the plan was run for the statement on the left-hand side. I then selected my fast SQL and pressed F9 and got results right away. Unselect, F9, SQL from the other side of the editor is run.

–
Phyllis Helton

Data Magician
Digital Strategies, Cru | Data Sciences & Analytics
Office :phone: 407-515-4452

phyllis.helton@cru.org

I cannot reproduce this. I tried with a simple example (select 1 from dual; and select 2 from dual;) and whichever memo and statement had focus is the one that was executed. There are a few places where focus is explicitly given to the memo, always acting on
the last activated memo and not on any specific one (left/top or right/bottom) and nothing looks off there.

Michael

On 01/30/2015 02:59 PM, phyllis.helton_1150 wrote:

Wrong SQL executed in split pane editor

Thread created by phyllis.helton_1150
I have two SQL statements in my editor - one runs really quickly and the other is one I'm trying to tune. I split my editor to work with these, and have the focus on the right side where the fast SQL is (it selects 1 field from 1 table with
a simple where clause based on one field). The left hand side had the cursor on the slow SQL. I hit F9 to run the SQL and it was taking a really long time so I pressed Ctrl-E to see what was going on and realized that the plan was run for the statement on
the left-hand side. I then selected my fast SQL and pressed F9 and got results right away. Unselect, F9, SQL from the other side of the editor is run.

--
Phyllis Helton

Data Magician

Digital Strategies, Cru |
Data Sciences & Analytics

Office :phone: 407-515-4452
phyllis.helton@cru.org

To reply, please reply-all to this email.

Stop receiving emails on this subject.

Or
Unsubscribe from Toad for Oracle - Beta
notifications altogether.

Toad for Oracle - Beta Discussion Forum

Flag
this post as spam/abuse.

Today I'm not getting that behavior either. I'll keep an eye on it and see if I can figure out what might be setting it off.

On Mon, Feb 2, 2015 at 9:51 AM, Michael Staszewski bounce-mstaszew@toadworld.com wrote:

Re: Wrong SQL executed in split pane editor

Reply by Michael Staszewski
I cannot reproduce this. I tried with a simple example (select 1 from dual; and select 2 from dual;) and whichever memo and statement had focus is the one that was executed. There are a few places where focus is explicitly given to the memo, always acting on
the last activated memo and not on any specific one (left/top or right/bottom) and nothing looks off there.

Michael

On 01/30/2015 02:59 PM, phyllis.helton_1150 wrote:

Wrong SQL executed in split pane editor

Thread created by phyllis.helton_1150
I have two SQL statements in my editor - one runs really quickly and the other is one I'm trying to tune. I split my editor to work with these, and have the focus on the right side where the fast SQL is (it selects 1 field from 1 table with
a simple where clause based on one field). The left hand side had the cursor on the slow SQL. I hit F9 to run the SQL and it was taking a really long time so I pressed Ctrl-E to see what was going on and realized that the plan was run for the statement on
the left-hand side. I then selected my fast SQL and pressed F9 and got results right away. Unselect, F9, SQL from the other side of the editor is run.

--
Phyllis Helton

Data Magician

Digital Strategies, Cru |
Data Sciences & Analytics

Office :phone: 407-515-4452
phyllis.helton@cru.org

To reply, please reply-all to this email.

Stop receiving emails on this subject.

Or
Unsubscribe from Toad for Oracle - Beta
notifications altogether.

Toad for Oracle - Beta Discussion Forum

Flag
this post as spam/abuse.

To reply, please reply-all to this email.

Stop receiving emails on this subject.

Or Unsubscribe from Toad for Oracle - Beta notifications altogether.

Toad for Oracle - Beta Discussion Forum

Flag this post as spam/abuse.

--
Phyllis Helton

Data Magician
Digital Strategies, Cru | Data Sciences & Analytics
Office :phone: 407-515-4452

phyllis.helton@cru.org