Toad World® Forums

Wrong SQL executed in split pane editor

I have two SQL statements in my editor - one runs really quickly and the other is one I’m trying to tune. I split my editor to work with these, and have the focus on the right side where the fast SQL is (it selects 1 field from 1 table with a simple where clause based on one field). The left hand side had the cursor on the slow SQL. I hit F9 to run the SQL and it was taking a really long time so I pressed Ctrl-E to see what was going on and realized that the plan was run for the statement on the left-hand side. I then selected my fast SQL and pressed F9 and got results right away. Unselect, F9, SQL from the other side of the editor is run.

Phyllis Helton

Data Magician
Digital Strategies, Cru | Data Sciences & Analytics
Office :phone: 407-515-4452

phyllis.helton@cru.org

I cannot reproduce this. I tried with a simple example (select 1 from dual; and select 2 from dual;) and whichever memo and statement had focus is the one that was executed. There are a few places where focus is explicitly given to the memo, always acting on
the last activated memo and not on any specific one (left/top or right/bottom) and nothing looks off there.

Michael

On 01/30/2015 02:59 PM, phyllis.helton_1150 wrote:

Thread created by phyllis.helton_1150
I have two SQL statements in my editor - one runs really quickly and the other is one I’m trying to tune. I split my editor to work with these, and have the focus on the right side where the fast SQL is (it selects 1 field from 1 table with
a simple where clause based on one field). The left hand side had the cursor on the slow SQL. I hit F9 to run the SQL and it was taking a really long time so I pressed Ctrl-E to see what was going on and realized that the plan was run for the statement on
the left-hand side. I then selected my fast SQL and pressed F9 and got results right away. Unselect, F9, SQL from the other side of the editor is run.

Phyllis Helton

Data Magician

Digital Strategies, Cru |
Data Sciences & Analytics

phyllis.helton@cru.org

To reply, please reply-all to this email.

Stop receiving emails on this subject.

Or
Unsubscribe from Toad for Oracle - Beta
notifications altogether.

Toad for Oracle - Beta Discussion Forum

Flag
this post as spam/abuse.

Today I’m not getting that behavior either. I’ll keep an eye on it and see if I can figure out what might be setting it off.

On Mon, Feb 2, 2015 at 9:51 AM, Michael Staszewski bounce-mstaszew@toadworld.com wrote:

Re: Wrong SQL executed in split pane editor

Reply by Michael Staszewski
I cannot reproduce this. I tried with a simple example (select 1 from dual; and select 2 from dual;) and whichever memo and statement had focus is the one that was executed. There are a few places where focus is explicitly given to the memo, always acting on
the last activated memo and not on any specific one (left/top or right/bottom) and nothing looks off there.

Michael

On 01/30/2015 02:59 PM, phyllis.helton_1150 wrote:

Thread created by phyllis.helton_1150
I have two SQL statements in my editor - one runs really quickly and the other is one I’m trying to tune. I split my editor to work with these, and have the focus on the right side where the fast SQL is (it selects 1 field from 1 table with
a simple where clause based on one field). The left hand side had the cursor on the slow SQL. I hit F9 to run the SQL and it was taking a really long time so I pressed Ctrl-E to see what was going on and realized that the plan was run for the statement on
the left-hand side. I then selected my fast SQL and pressed F9 and got results right away. Unselect, F9, SQL from the other side of the editor is run.

Phyllis Helton

Data Magician

Digital Strategies, Cru |
Data Sciences & Analytics

phyllis.helton@cru.org

Or
Unsubscribe from Toad for Oracle - Beta
notifications altogether.

Flag
this post as spam/abuse.

Or Unsubscribe from Toad for Oracle - Beta notifications altogether.

Flag this post as spam/abuse.

Phyllis Helton

Data Magician
Digital Strategies, Cru | Data Sciences & Analytics

phyllis.helton@cru.org