XDB Recources Manager

Hi!

I have a suggestion for a new tool in Nav, a kind of file manager for the XDB resources.

In our application we are using this a lot for import and export of data. The resources are accessible through HTTP, FTP or WebDAV. And PL/SQL, of course.
Because of firewall restrictions these protocols are never accessible on our clients’ servers, so this tool should use PL/SQL to access the resources.

I think such tool should be possible to make, but I haven’t seen it anywhere. At least not in 9i, where i currently have all my experience. In the Enterprise Manager I can upload, but not download files. I don’t know what the 10g tools are able to do.

There is also much other functionality that could be made for XDB, like a neat tool for registering and managing XMLSchemas.

So, what do you think? I am not sure if XDB is widely used, but it is pretty stable now, and it is a great way to exchange data for hard core PL/SQL fans.

Have a nice weekend! :slight_smile:

• Starálfur -

Thanks for the excellent suggestion Starálfur,

I’ve logged an enhancement request outlining this proposed functionality…
We’ll discuss it with product management, and if we can get the go-ahead, we will look at implementing it into a future build of SQL Nav.

I’ll let you know how we go with it…
Thanks again for the suggestion.
Your brain is indeed working fine :wink:

Jaime

Sounds great! :slight_smile: