12.5.0.11 How to refresh picklist-dropdown?

In previous TOAD-versions there was an icon within the picklist-dropdown to refresh the list (e.g. when adding a new function to a package).
I do not see this icon any more, is there an alternative?

Thanks, Peter

Yes , I do see that the refresh icon as well as the Options icon is not present in 12.5.0.11. I will log a CR for it.

Fixed for next beta.

Michael,

Also there are several differences in the operation of Picklist dropdown between Toad 12.1 GA and the current beta:

1. the first row is always selected in the GA version, which is very useful. This function is missing in the beta: you have to use down arrow key first and thereafter the Enter key.

2. in beta version when you enter some characters of the current schema name and hit Ctrl+T then Toad automatically expands the first node. This contains all objects of the logged schema, but it’s very hard for example to find a table name which starts the same as user name.

Tamas

1. This is a known bug and is on my list.

2. I'm not quite following you, but will look at it tomorrow.

On Jan 16, 2014, at 5:10 PM, "drbubo20" bounce-urbantamas@toadworld.com wrote:

RE: 12.5.0.11 How to refresh picklist-dropdown?

Reply by drbubo20
Michael,

Also there are several differences in the operation of Picklist dropdown between Toad 12.1 GA and the current beta:

1. the first row is always selected in the GA version, which is very useful. This function is missing in the beta: you have to use down arrow key first and thereafter the Enter key.
  1. in beta version when you enter some characters of the current schema name and hit Ctrl+T then Toad automatically expands the first node. This contains all objects of the logged schema, but it's very hard for example to find a table
    name which starts the same as user name.

Tamas

To reply, please reply-all to this email.

Stop receiving emails on this subject.

Or
Unsubscribe from Toad for Oracle - Beta
notifications altogether.

Toad for Oracle - Beta Discussion Forum

Flag
this post as spam/abuse.

1. This is fixed for next beta.
  2. I think I'm with you now. You have a schema named TEST and TEST owns a table named TESTING and if you type TES in the Editor and invoke the picklist the node for TEST schema appears before the table and it's expanded? If so, this is somewhat fixed for next
    beta.

Changes for next beta. Objects owned by the connected schema will always appear before any other node when the option to sort alphabetically is unchecked. When the option to sort alphabetically is checked then alpha sorting is done and in the event
a schema owned object has the same name as a public syn or a schema then the schema owned object appears first in the list. This seems to mirror the behavior of 12.1 and earlier.

The fact that the schema node is expanded in the first place is a bug which is not fixed at this time, but I hope to have it fixed as well prior to the beta.

Thanks,

Michael

On 01/16/2014 07:08 PM, Michael Staszewski wrote:

Re: 12.5.0.11 How to refresh picklist-dropdown?

Reply by Michael Staszewski

1. This is a known bug and is on my list.
  1. I'm not quite following you, but will look at it tomorrow.

On Jan 16, 2014, at 5:10 PM, "drbubo20" bounce-urbantamas@toadworld.com wrote:

RE: 12.5.0.11 How to refresh picklist-dropdown?

Reply by drbubo20
Michael,

1. in beta version when you enter some characters of the current schema name and hit Ctrl+T then Toad automatically expands the first node. This contains all objects of the logged schema, but it's very hard for example to find a table
    name which starts the same as user name.

Tamas

Or

Flag
this post as spam/abuse.

Or

Flag
this post as spam/abuse.